• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathryn

Beach Comber
Re: Beach Accesses - post here

wetwilly said:
Anything close to the West side of Eastern Lake? South Gulf Street? If not, looks like Seaside may be the closest for the Eastern Lakers? Our pool maintenance gal said that she saw people using the one at S. Gulf at Eastern Lake today but I know from last week before Dennis that it was washed out since Ivan and there was a 3-4 ft drop (again before Dennis). Any status on that walk over would be great!

Sadly- there is NO PUBLIC BEACH ACCESS FROM EASTERN LAKE RD
The 2 public accesses, at Ramsgate and at Eastern Lake on Gulf Dr are both CLOSED.

PLEASE do not try to use them. There are gulf front homes near them that have sustained serious damage (even if you don't see it) They will be further damaged by people illegally walking to the beach through their property. It was difficult to keep people off the dunes before, now it will be even harder. Already last night there was a family trampling one home's damaged vegetation to get to the beach, then let their kids play in what was left of the dunes! :bang:

The HOA at Summer's Edge is directing the owners and guests and others in the area to use the Lakewood Drive Beach Access. This is off Lakewood Drive just to the east of the lake. It is open.

This is a temporary condition! The accesses will be rebuilt soon and it will again be easy to reach the beautiful emerald water. :clap_1:

For now, educate your guests and neighbors. This will help keep them safe, the homes safe and avoid any unhappy confrontations with the sherriff who has been notified to remove trespassers who may be endangering themselves or the homes along the coast.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesc09

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005

Is it correct then that the access @ Lakewood Dr. and Beachside Villas is usable and open?

JC

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Sea Turtle said:
wetwilly said:
Anything close to the West side of Eastern Lake? South Gulf Street? If not, looks like Seaside may be the closest for the Eastern Lakers? Our pool maintenance gal said that she saw people using the one at S. Gulf at Eastern Lake today but I know from last week before Dennis that it was washed out since Ivan and there was a 3-4 ft drop (again before Dennis). Any status on that walk over would be great!
QUOTE]

Sadly- there is NO PUBLIC BEACH ACCESS FROM EASTERN LAKE RD
The 2 public accesses, at Ramsgate and at Eastern Lake on Gulf Dr are both CLOSED.

PLEASE do not try to use them. There are gulf front homes near them that have sustained serious damage (even if you don't see it) They will be further damaged by people illegally walking to the beach through their property. It was difficult to keep people off the dunes before, now it will be even harder. Already last night there was a family trampling one home's damaged vegetation to get to the beach, then let their kids play in what was left of the dunes! :bang:
This is a temporary condition! The accesses will be rebuilt soon and it will again be easy to reach the beautiful emerald water. :clap_1:

For now, educate your guests and neighbors. This will help keep them safe, the homes safe and avoid any unhappy confrontations with the sherriff who has been notified to remove trespassers.
Sea Turtle, I feel for you. I wonder where you can buy razor wire to keep those folks out? I guess the Bay Front properties, which usually fair well if not built on the ground, will soon become the hottest commodity in real estate. Plus, no one tramples through your yard to get to the Bay.

Kathryn

Beach Comber

Smiling JOe said:
Sea Turtle said:
Sea Turtle, I feel for you. I wonder where you can buy razor wire to keep those folks out? I guess the Bay Front properties, which usually fair well if not built on the ground, will soon become the hottest commodity in real estate. Plus, no one tramples through your yard to get to the Bay.

Thank you, Smiling Joe. (for ALL you do! :clap_1: )

We don't want to appear mean but it is a fine line to walk between keeping folks happy and keeping our homes safe!

VJM123

Beach Crab
Jul 13, 2005

We are coming down the 2nd week of August. We stay off 30A at Summer's Edge - Amazing Place. My question is this: will the beaches and businesses be back to some sort of normalicy or should we reschedule our trip?

I'm still waiting from the property owner on how the house held up.

Thanks from St. Louis

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

VJM123 said:
We are coming down the 2nd week of August. We stay off 30A at Summer's Edge - Amazing Place. My question is this: will the beaches and businesses be back to some sort of normalicy or should we reschedule our trip?

I'm still waiting from the property owner on how the house held up.

Thanks from St. Louis

Yes, everything is basically normal now except beach accesses.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach

Passatfish said:
How far is the beach access for the Cottages at camp Creek?

Walton Lakeshore at Inlet Beach is about a 5 min. drive east; Lakewood Drive is about a 5 min. drive west.

Status
Not open for further replies.