• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kareshack

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Roswell, Georgia
Re: Beach Accesses - post here

Hi we are staying at seagrove beach on Periwinkle Lane- does anyone know anything about access here. We are coming and will have a blast regardless- but this would just kill my curiosity

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

beachbunny said:
If anyone knows the best access in blue mountain beach ,it would be appreciated.I am afraid to just go down the hill where the public access was.

There is not one in old BMB, you will need to go east or west to find the closest one. Grayton or Dune Allen.

JustBeachy

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Blue Mtn. Beach

Yep..we're here, and the best access is Dune Allen or Grayton. And be prepared to walk a ways! We had kids sliding down what was left of someones bluff to get to the beach last night :bang:

I sat out there until they came back up and patiently explained why that wasn't a good idea. I was gifted with the middle finger salute. :roll:

Our neighbors directly across the street lost a great deal of sod and their back yard, but the foundation of the house is secure..the house on the other side of the beach access is not that luck, and my 'dream house' (the $4.5 million green stucco) will probably have to be condemned..it looks bad!! :sosad:

Still, I'm glad to be back 'home'!

beachbunny

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
lake cumberland,Kentucky

This may be a problem ,my dad is elderly and has a defribulator .He can't walk very far,and this is his first trip to the ocean since my mother passed away last year.We may need to rethink this if there is no close beach access. :sosad:

sunsetdunes

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005

Camp Creek Kid said:
Walton Lakeshore at Inlet Beach is about a 5 min. drive east; Lakewood Drive is about a 5 min. drive west.

Just remember there is no parking at South Walton Lakeshore. :eek:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach

sunsetdunes said:
Just remember there is no parking at South Walton Lakeshore. :eek:

Sorry. You are correct. How about a 10 min. bike ride?

sunsetdunes

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
And here is the notice of when the beaches "officially" reopen.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:52 AM
Subject: FW: Hurricane Dennis News Release 25 Please note correction

Correction: The beaches are reopening on Thursday, July 14, 2005

Sara Comander
Public Information Coordinator
Events Coordinator
312 College Avenue, Unit B
DeFuniak Springs, Fl 32435
(850) 892-8065, ext 262 (EOC)
Fax: (850) 892-8069 (EOC)
Email: comsara@co.walton.fl.us
Office phone: 850-892-8530

irish9697

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
We arrive on the 16th at Seashore Village, that's the east side of Seagrove, just before the 30A/Eastern Lake Road turn. Any idea on the best beach access for us? Will we need to drive to Seaside? And, if we did that, would they let us on there? Might there be something closer? I am more familiar with western Seagrove/Seaside than the east side.

I am so excited, though! We were there in May but since we knew we were coming back in July, we didn't say our proper "goodbye for a year" to the area...so, I'm dying for The Seagrove Village Market Cafe, Goatfeather's, Shades, Pickles, bike rides, long walks on the path, the Red Bar...

I will continue checking this site, Seaside's site, and the TDC's site, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I am thrilled at Emily's supposed path. Don't get me wrong, I adore the Yucatan Peninsula, but I am just so thrilled that she's supposedly not headed this way. I hope she dies out quickly and causes minimal harm. Statistically, I know we should be safe for a while, but obviously Dennis proved those statistics wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.