• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
30A said:
Kurt,
Thanks so much for the pic of Eastern Shores. It appears the 100 building is probably looking at reconstruction. Might be your opportunity to get in if someone wants out. The 200 building appears to have fared better and 211 is fine. We'll know more later this week.

How is the Eastern Lake beach access? Is the lake back to its normal course into the Gulf? Friends want to come down Saturday.

Thanks to you and everyone for all the feedback and information. The beach and 30A are a state of mind that transcends any hurricane. I look forward to my children and their children growing up on Eastern Lake and 30A. Kinda like the folks building Alys Beach as featured in this months South Walton magazine, we're in it for the long term! Dennis who?! :clap_1:

God Bless.

TM aka 30A
Excuse the long quote - Kurt where is the picture they are talking about? I have seen the latest ones you posted, but not the one that shows bldg 1. Thanks for your help. :dunno:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Sea Star said:
Excuse the long quote - Kurt where is the picture they are talking about? I have seen the latest ones you posted, but not the one that shows bldg 1. Thanks for your help. :dunno:

Is this it? Click to enlarge.

Kybeachlover

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2005
Hey everyone! This is a great site and the info is unbelievable.

My family is scheduled for July 31st at Thyme After Thyme, just two blocks from Seaside. It is technically Seagrove, but it is so close I have been looking mostly at Seaside pictures. I have no idea how far some of the Seagrove places that are posted are from our home. Everything sounds ok for the property from what I can find. Does someone have specific information about the house and what might be the closest way on to the beach around there? I know the beach access and walkovers were hit hard. I am just wandering if I should take some jumping gear to get down to the beach! Whatever it takes to enjoy the beauty there I will do!

We will be there. It always amazes me at what the beaches themselves do to replenish after storms. We love 30A and have been a yearly visitor to Dune I in Dune Allen. I was crushed to see the photo of the pool knowing that most of the condos sit out further than the pool. Bless those owners hearts. That was truly a great little place by the beach.

I was also going to go to my bosses condo in Crystal Beach (Crystal Dunes) for a few days before. I know that the pilings on one end are exposed, but if anyone has been down there and has specific info, I would appreciate it!

Thanks

DESTINGOER24

Beach Crab
Jul 13, 2005
Hello,
My family is scheduled to go to Destin on the 30th of July. We are staying at the Inlet Reef on Holiday Isle, and we know that it got hit pretty hard. I am wondering if anybody knows what the condition is of the beaches, etc. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Kybeachlover said:
Hey everyone! This is a great site and the info is unbelievable.

My family is scheduled for July 31st at Thyme After Thyme, just two blocks from Seaside. It is technically Seagrove, but it is so close I have been looking mostly at Seaside pictures. I have no idea how far some of the Seagrove places that are posted are from our home. Everything sounds ok for the property from what I can find. Does someone have specific information about the house and what might be the closest way on to the beach around there? I know the beach access and walkovers were hit hard. I am just wandering if I should take some jumping gear to get down to the beach! Whatever it takes to enjoy the beauty there I will do!

We will be there. It always amazes me at what the beaches themselves do to replenish after storms. We love 30A and have been a yearly visitor to Dune I in Dune Allen. I was crushed to see the photo of the pool knowing that most of the condos sit out further than the pool. Bless those owners hearts. That was truly a great little place by the beach.

I was also going to go to my bosses condo in Crystal Beach (Crystal Dunes) for a few days before. I know that the pilings on one end are exposed, but if anyone has been down there and has specific info, I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Closest access will be a few blocks west at Seaside.

I have no info on Destin. Scenic 98 at Miramar is closed in SoWal, but I don't know how much of it.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
DESTINGOER24 said:
Hello,
My family is scheduled to go to Destin on the 30th of July. We are staying at the Inlet Reef on Holiday Isle, and we know that it got hit pretty hard. I am wondering if anybody knows what the condition is of the beaches, etc. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

No one has been allowed out there yet as far as I know.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Bergie said:
I've been reading everything as it comes in, but I haven't seen anything about Deer Lake Park. Perhaps I missed it. How much damage did it suffer?
Thanks!

I was there yesterday and the long boardwalk is fine but the walkover is gone at the end. It was beautiful out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.