• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I know what you're thinking but everybody was fully clothed :D . We had just set up camp today around 3:30 :cool: Around 4:30 the Sherriff comes by in his truck. Over the PA system he says "The beach is now closed, please gather your things and leave. The beach will reopen tomorrow" :dunno: What The Heck?!?!?!? Any of you locals got the inside dope? :dunno:

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Bet this had something to do with the exposed septic tanks down the beach at Gulf Trace. Let us know the answer to the mystery. Maybe the County Sheriff's deputies just wanted to go nude surfing!?! :nono1:

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The beaches are officially closed. It was posted on Walton County's website. However, I am surprised they actually enforced it.

barney_fife_1.jpg

sunsetdunes

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
RiverOtter said:
I know what you're thinking but everybody was fully clothed :D . We had just set up camp today around 3:30 :cool: Around 4:30 the Sherriff comes by in his truck. Over the PA system he says "The beach is now closed, please gather your things and leave. The beach will reopen tomorrow" :dunno: What The Heck?!?!?!? Any of you locals got the inside dope? :dunno:

Latest press release from Walton County indicates beaches officially reopening tomorrow, 7/14. The beaches have been officially closed since the hurricane.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
RiverOtter said:
Omar Sheriff has a problem... Guess he must have missed his beat at the 395/98 intersection. Sleep deprivation... Please come on down and sit in front of High Pointe or Capistrano (please stay farther away from 20' from the water line) and Omar can't "legally" bother you. You are my guests.

I understand their concern for kids playing on boards with nails, cookie sheet surfing down this cliffs, etc., but tell them to leave you alone if you are just sitting on the beach reading a book!!