• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Unplugged said:
I've often wondered...

Why would someone choose an older condo over a newer cottage :dunno:

(with price and location being equal)

Both projects have nice units that have been well-maintained over the years

How do I know you own a newer cottage and not an older condo? :funn:

Seriously though, for some people, a change of pace is part of the whole vacation package. You live in a house in your "real" life, so why would you want to rent a house at the beach? Same old, same old. What you want is a different experience on vacation, ie, the chance to live for a week in something you don't have at home. Something like exactly like a condo.

I know that when we come down to SoWal with the family, we switch back and forth between staying in cottages and staying in condos-- some years I feel like one rental experience, sometimes not. I like them both, for different reasons.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
SoWal = SoMething for everyone!!!

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Mermaid said:
How do I know you own a newer cottage and not an older condo? :funn:
:?: ... good point!:rotfl: ;-)

It really is so interesting to hear the logic behind how and why people choose the accomodations they do.

There really is something for everyone in SoWal :D

:welcome: Beach Queen - nice unit!

Beach Queen

Beach Crab
May 23, 2006
Thanks, Underthebluemoon!

You mentioned you enjoyed the views from higher floors in an earlier post. Have you tried the view from first floor? Ours is especially nice~it makes you feel as if you are right on the beach even though you are inside. We are very conveniently located to the public access ramp as we are the end unit on that side. We have much privacy by being on that end. There is a nice grassy courtyard right out our front door and we are only a few steps away from the newspaper rack, bikes, and our car...easy for bringing in groceries etc. Because we are on the end, no one comes past us, so it is nice and quiet.
As you can tell, we do love our #101 by the sea!:clap_1:

Beach Queen

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
I would choose One Seagrove Place! Of course I am partial, we own units number #902 and #803.
You should stay in #902, just redecorated it last year. It is also a corner unit and has the best views in the building. You can see all the way to Panama City and Destin. Not all units there have this view.
Be sure and tour online and take a look at 902 and 803.
Hope you enjoy! :welcome:
Tell them Suzanne sent you.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
SBilliter,
Hey! Call OSP phone #800-368-9100 and ask them. They handle all the rentals for us. Be sure and go online and look at the units.
The 902 unit is the one with the best view. Let me know what you think. :D