• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
seagrover said:
Sorry if anyone has already posted this, haven't had time to read all the new posts, but Seagrove Villas is out of service - don't know how long. I heard the units closest to the beach and the end unit of the first set are very close to the edge. Saw the tape keeping people out yesterday.

I also heard there were 60 buildings condemed in Walton County yesterday.

I really hate to hear this about the Villas - that is an institution in Seagrove. The people that work there are so nice, too.

Well, this is very sad for me. I have stayed in one of the units closest to the beach for the last 6 years. We have had a lot of fun and many happy memories have been made there!!! I hope that it survives!!! Thanks for your post.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Beach Girl said:
Hi Kurt. Are you talking about the public access next to OSP? We are staying in a house adjacent to OSP in August and was wondering if that is the beach access you are talking about. I know that there was a ramp there before, but like you said in another post, they aren't doing ramps yet. So...just wondering if that is the access you mean????

Regional accesses will be done first. I was thinking of Santa Clara access.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
crabby patti said:
Is the Seagrove Villas the same as the Villas of Seagrove?! We got a letter from our rental co. that our unit was NOT impacted by the storm. I've called them several times this morning...no answer! :dunno:

Seagrove villas is the motel across from Wheelhouse restauarant - Villas of Seagrove is new buildings next to Garand Isle (cowgirl kitchen) - they should be fine.

Arkie

Beach Crab
Jul 10, 2005
Conway, Arkansas
suebee said:
Any updates on sewage problem at Gulf Trace?

We will be in Gulf Trace starting Saturday. I spoke to someone in Gulf Trace this morning. They stated that the sewage problem was totally misleading in the newspaper - that there were septic tanks thrown around, but they would be removed quickly - probably today. They were all pumped dry before Dennis hit so there was NO raw sewage issue.

BTW, they also stated that there was actually MORE sand at Gulf Trace than before (?) but it was very flat and you can access the beach directly from Gulf trace, you just have to walk "around" to the flat part. Of course, all dunes are gone. Since I've never been to this area, I'm not sure how that would work.

Hope this helps...see you at the beach :D

goodemom

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Any recommendations out there for sand companies. I spoke to Gerry Demers (deputy building official for Walton County) this morning and he said that homeowners are resposible for getting the sand brought in. It has to be white, and tested by the county. We have only 4 feet of sand, and then a 20 - 25 ft drop! Don't even know if I can afford it, but I have to start doing something! He told me that the DEP has said there is NO sand for scrapping or for dredging. There is another emergency meeting at 11am today - I hope the DEP and the county can come up with something more than just giving us permission to get a permit to have sand brought in. But, until then, I have to start doing my homeowrk. So...if you know of a sand compnay please pass the info on.
Thanks!!!

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
I believe the regional accesses have large parking lots, bathrooms and picnic tables. Sort of a mini park. The public accesses are just the walk overs to the beach that are provided very frequently along 30-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.