• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ls2006vacay

Beach Lover
May 3, 2006
Hi,

Will be at Grayton in June and would love to have some beautiful beach portraits taken of me & my husband... BUT read in another post the sitting fee could be 800 and that's without the actual pictures... No way in heck I can pay that (the amount I'm paying to visit Grayton coming from Maryland is already ridiculous, but we love the area)...

Any tips or recommendations for a photographer who has reasonable prices?

thanks
Laura

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
ls2006vacay said:
Hi,

Will be at Grayton in June and would love to have some beautiful beach portraits taken of me & my husband... BUT read in another post the sitting fee could be 800 and that's without the actual pictures... No way in heck I can pay that (the amount I'm paying to visit Grayton coming from Maryland is already ridiculous, but we love the area)...

thanks
Laura
Sure you can find someone willing to charge $800 for a shoot, but I know great photographers in the area who do not charge that much for a shoot. Try Dawn Anderson. Search SoWal.com for her contact info.

ls2006vacay

Beach Lover
May 3, 2006
Thanks Joe!
Now aren't you the resident photographer? (or am I confusing you for someone else)
You aren't offering your services yet though right? ;-)

I did email Dawn. Thanks!

FLSunChaser

Beach Lover
Apr 26, 2006
ls2006vacay said:
Hi,

thanks
Laura

Laura -
Try Andrea Richard. She's doen photography down here for years, it's quite a hobby for her, but she's fabulous. I'm not sure what her phone number is, but her website is www.coastalreflections.com

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
ls2006vacay said:
Thanks Joe!
Now aren't you the resident photographer? (or am I confusing you for someone else)
You aren't offering your services yet though right? ;-)

I did email Dawn. Thanks!
I do enjoy taking photos, but I lack the experience in getting people to pose for the camera. I would much rather just show up and take a bunch of shots of people while they are having fun.

One thing to remember about hiring me would be that I charge extra to photoshop you. :rotfl: That requires just as much time as it takes to shoot the photos, or maybe twice as long.

Kirkus

Beach Comber
Nov 29, 2005
Colleyville, TX
Smiling JOe said:
I would much rather just show up and take a bunch of shots of people while they are having fun.

Absolutely, Joe. It's the only way to capture the true "essence" of the beach. The best way to get that truely remarklable pic is to quietly fire off several hundred shots while everyone is being themself and having fun. Besides, who wants to waste a great vacation sunset "posing". Admittedly, I've secretly coveted one of those great family beach shots, but wouldn't trade for any of my candids. So if you want, do both, but mainly, take your digital camera to the beach and fire away.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
nice shots Kirkus...and :welcome:

ls2006vacay

Beach Lover
May 3, 2006
I understand what you're saying, but we have no children. It's myself and my husband that I want the picture of. That's hard to pull off when you're vacationing alone. Unless that is you like the tourists who walk up and ask you to take their picture.

:)

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Kurt and Smiley J refuesed (or couldn't) take pictures of my fam. So my friend's wedding photographer had to! :eek: She got her pics and has my family plastered all over them. I'm sure she loved that. :funn: