• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
:roll: Aquaticbiology, it takes me almost a year scraping to save up to be able to come. We got to come down there last year but didn't the year before because of not having the money to come. And we always had to board two dogs which cost around $300.00 more when we picked them up. We don't have alot of money. Everytime I set money aside to come down there, I end up having to use it for something else, bills come to mind. We try to have at least $750.00 spending money. When we first started renting the place we rent, it was $800.00 for a week beachfront, $700.00 fall rate. He went up to $900.00 for a week year before although las year he just charged us $850.00 but gave us a $100.00 back. Still have to pay a vet boarding bill for one dog. By the way, interesting pics.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
ladydebubba60 said:
:roll: Aquaticbiology, it takes me almost a year scraping to save up to be able to come. We got to come down there last year but didn't the year before because of not having the money to come. And we always had to board two dogs which cost around $300.00 more when we picked them up. We don't have alot of money. Everytime I set money aside to come down there, I end up having to use it for something else, bills come to mind. We try to have at least $750.00 spending money. When we first started renting the place we rent, it was $800.00 for a week beachfront, $700.00 fall rate. He went up to $900.00 for a week year before last, we didn't come that year, didn't have the money. We came last year Labor Day week and he charged us $850.00 but gave us a $100.00 back. We still have to pay a vet boarding bill for one dog. So it may be tougher to come up with at least $1500.00 this year needed for the rental of the place and spending money. If we don't come up with it, then we won't be coming.

i understand - wow, how long do you stay? a week? - an expensive week! - and with gas probably over 3.00 a gallon (hey, check the price at the station where you turn onto 331 from hwy 90 after defuniak for real sticker shock!) it will be an interesting year for folk's vacations, what with the 'caines and red tide that surely will (probably) happen later on

speaking of animals, i've just been informed its time to get off the computer and go clean out the litter pans! yeeck!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Gas here is around $2.67 to $2.70 a gallon right now. You talking about Tom Thumb? His place is right on the beach and we can no longer use his walkover as it is half gone and half the beach also. But we are not there much during the day anyway. We are usually out either riding scooters or riding waverunners or sightseeing. As a matter of fact, the man we rent from has a houseboat or a boat of some kind that he spends the night on sometimes that he keeps at the Panama City Marina. He owns the townhouse we rent and has another nice two story home on the same road right across the street from the one he rents and lives in Virginia during the summer. So he definitely can afford things somehow.

MKH

Beach Fanatic
May 12, 2005
Memphis, TN/Seacrest Beach, FL
ladydebubba60 said:
:roll: Aquaticbiology, it takes me almost a year scraping to save up to be able to come. We got to come down there last year but didn't the year before because of not having the money to come. And we always had to board two dogs which cost around $300.00 more when we picked them up. We don't have alot of money. Everytime I set money aside to come down there, I end up having to use it for something else, bills come to mind. We try to have at least $750.00 spending money. When we first started renting the place we rent, it was $800.00 for a week beachfront, $700.00 fall rate. He went up to $900.00 for a week year before although las year he just charged us $850.00 but gave us a $100.00 back. Still have to pay a vet boarding bill for one dog. By the way, interesting pics.

Hello Ladydebubba! Nice to see a fellow Memphian on the board. We leave tomorrow for Sowal, staying 10 days. We take both of our dogs with us every year. Have you thought about getting a pet-friendly rental and bringing your dog with you, saving the boarding fee?

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
Any further word on the 15 mph limit? It is really too slow to comply with, even though I try. 25 mph seems to be the lowest, reasonably enforceable limit on 30A.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Seasider said:
Any further word on the 15 mph limit? It is really too slow to comply with, even though I try. 25 mph seems to be the lowest, reasonably enforceable limit on 30A.
The Walton Sun had a scoop on it in the last issue. I question whether the DOT installed the signs. One reason is that speed limit of 17 mph is typically reserved for neighborhoods. Also, the speed limit suddenly decreases from 45 mph to 15mph without warning signs of reduce speed ahead. :dunno:

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
How is it that they can be "unaware" of the new speed limit? The signs have been there for several weeks. I can see the potential problems of cars backing out onto 30A from Borago at night, but 15 mph is too slow and begs to be ignored.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Seasider said:
How is it that they can be "unaware" of the new speed limit? The signs have been there for several weeks. I can see the potential problems of cars backing out onto 30A from Borago at night, but 15 mph is too slow and begs to be ignored.
especially since I would guess the avg speed through there is 50 mph

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Seasider said:

It is being ignored.