• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Skunkape's "ramblings" thread mentioned it had opened. Does anyone know the correct name? Wild Olive or Sweet Olive? And what are they serving?

I know they are fine people, but am wondering about the eats. Sounds like breakfast was a thumbs up according to Skunkape. Has anybody else given them a try yet?

olive

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2005
Not sure which name is correct but I like them both! ;-)

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Went to Wild Olives today for breakfast....

At this time no fresh cooked to order breakfast but they do have fresh homemade pastries, cookies, bisquits & sausage, pastry with egg, cheese, meat, scones,muffins....etc
They did not have anymore menus to go...they were bombarded this weekend with the West Indes Market....
They do make samiches did not take the time to see what kind....
They have beer, drinks, wine, some fresh fruit, some specialty items, and they will have a deli
Tables outside and I think inside (I am not as good a reviewer as Kurt)
The people that worked behind the counter were super nice....

I will go back.....Breakfast Anyone????:dunno:

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
InletBchDweller said:
Went to Wild Olives today for breakfast....

At this time no fresh cooked to order breakfast but they do have fresh homemade pastries, cookies, bisquits & sausage, pastry with egg, cheese, meat, scones,muffins....etc
They did not have anymore menus to go...they were bombarded this weekend with the West Indes Market....
They do make samiches did not take the time to see what kind....
They have beer, drinks, wine, some fresh fruit, some specialty items, and they will have a deli
Tables outside and I think inside (I am not as good a reviewer as Kurt)
The people that worked behind the counter were super nice....

I will go back.....Breakfast Anyone????:dunno:

We could meet up over there one morning. Need to meet up anyway about that guy. It will take them a little while to get everything together I'm sure.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
It is called Wild Olives and my husband and I had a wonderful lunch there the other day. It has a full service staff you sit at a table and a waiter will come take your order. They have great sandwiches and burgers. It also happens to be owned by a friend of ours. They cook great food I tried it! :clap_1:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Babyblue said:
It is called Wild Olives and my husband and I had a wonderful lunch there the other day. It has a full service staff you sit at a table and a waiter will come take your order. They have great sandwiches and burgers. It also happens to be owned by a friend of ours. They cook great food I tried it! :clap_1:

Can you get a lunch for under $145.00? :rotfl:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
kurt said:
Can you get a lunch for under $145.00? :rotfl:

Sorry about getting the name wrong. And yes, it floored me how inexpensive it was considering it was at Rosemary. In fact, I ate breakfast for under $5! Big coffee and muffin-didn't do lunch, but I imagine it is pretty reasonable :clap_1:

WJL

Beach Comber
May 31, 2006
www.myspace.com
Wild Olives --and its great-very friendly staff- great wine selection-we went Memorial Day Weekend and it was freshly opened and seemed to be ready--not fully stocked yet but it's new,,,,,food was great and it was PACKED....:clap_1:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
A pricing update here. Dropped in today at lunch. Had mostly sandwiches and pizza, tapas pending. Pretty much everything is less than $10 :clap_1:

And they have cathead biscuits which I guess were designed to lure Miss Kitty in for breakfast :rotfl:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
30A Skunkape said:
A pricing update here. Dropped in today at lunch. Had mostly sandwiches and pizza, tapas pending. Pretty much everything is less than $10 :clap_1:

And they have cathead biscuits which I guess were designed to lure Miss Kitty in for breakfast :rotfl:

:clap_1: ...MEOW....I love me some cathead biscuits!!! The Baithouse has been serving them to me, but I may have to venture over and do a test taste!