• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

KansasBorn/30ABound

Beach Lover
Apr 9, 2005
Atchison, Kansas
ls2006vacay said:
Hi,

Will be at Grayton in June and would love to have some beautiful beach portraits taken of me & my husband... BUT read in another post the sitting fee could be 800 and that's without the actual pictures... No way in heck I can pay that (the amount I'm paying to visit Grayton coming from Maryland is already ridiculous, but we love the area)...

Any tips or recommendations for a photographer who has reasonable prices?

thanks
Laura

Try Gwyne at www.gwynesphotography.com

Our family used her a couple of years ago. She takes great photos and I think she was very reasonable. She provides you with a finished photo album AND the negatives so you are free to make your own enlargements.

She was great to work with and all of the photos turned out great.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
KansasBorn/30ABound said:
Try Gwyne at www.gwynesphotography.com

Our family used her a couple of years ago. She takes great photos and I think she was very reasonable. She provides you with a finished photo album AND the negatives so you are free to make your own enlargements.

She was great to work with and all of the photos turned out great.

Photo0005b123.jpg

I hope you and everyone who sees this will send Gwyne an email at <deleted>

edit > as you can see from the red X, Gwyne thankfully removed the offending pics from her site. She says she only takes pics in front of the dunes. <edit

Here is sample text you all can copy and paste into your email:

Dear Gwyne,

I noticed on your website that you photograph some of your subjects trampling our precious dunes and dune vegetation. I would appreciate it if you would remove any pictures of people in the dunes from your website. A picture of people in the dunes tells everyone who sees it that it's OK to do the same thing.

It is ILLEGAL and DESTRUCTIVE. It takes many years, even decades, to build a dune, but only a few careless or unknowing people to destroy a dune. Please don't be one of the careless or ignorant. A professional such as yourself should know better.

Please be sure to never let anyone you photograph disturb our precious and beautiful natural resources which protect us from storms and hurricanes. Thanks for your consideration and know that you will have the gratitude of myself and many others for doing the right thing.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Smiling JOe said:
Sorry, I explained to you that I had a prior engagement to attend. :dunno:
Graduation party...I know ;-) I was just kidding. :rotfl:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
A very good reminder for our local photographers, Kurt. To really capture the spirit of SoWal (and to send a message to future generations who will see the photographs) one would have to be respectful of the environment.

To be honest, when I first joined South Walton I didn't know that it was important to stay off the dunes. But it became clear within a few weeks. But all the local photographers should know that because if I learned within a such a short time (there are signs at the beach), then those who are here longer should know as well.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
kurt said:
I hope you and everyone who sees this will send Gwyne an email at gwynelamica@yahoo.com

Here is sample text you all can copy and paste into your email:

Dear Gwyne,

I noticed on your website that you photograph some of your subjects trampling our precious dunes and dune vegetation. I would appreciate it if you would remove any pictures of people in the dunes from your website. A picture of people in the dunes tells everyone who sees it that it's OK to do the same thing.

It is ILLEGAL and DESTRUCTIVE. It takes many years, even decades, to build a dune, but only a few careless or unknowing people to destroy a dune. Please don't be one of the careless or ignorant. A professional such as yourself should know better.

Please be sure to never let anyone you photograph disturb our precious and beautiful natural resources which protect us from storms and hurricanes. Thanks for your consideration and know that you will have the gratitude of myself and many others for doing the right thing.

I sent my email....Will let you know if I get a response.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Paula said:
A very good reminder for our local photographers, Kurt. To really capture the spirit of SoWal (and to send a message to future generations who will see the photographs) one would have to be respectful of the environment.

To be honest, when I first joined South Walton I didn't know that it was important to stay off the dunes. But it became clear within a few weeks. But all the local photographers should know that because if I learned within a such a short time (there are signs at the beach), then those who are here longer should know as well.

I didn't always know this either, Paula. After Opal, we learned about how the dunes rebuild themselves, and/or are helped along with the planting of vegetation or the sand fences. The concept became extremely clear after Dennis. We were down 2 weeks after Dennis last summer, and I can't wait to see if the dunes are looking better!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Jdarg: I think the dunes that were left "natural" are softening around the edges again and some have vegetation growing again. They look more like cliffs right now than the dunes we're used to seeing (and have some of the black peat showing). But, I think they look good just as Mother Nature intended (then, again, I am used to the rocky New England coast and always thought that was gorgeous -- and still do -- though I really love the white sand and having lots of beach to walk on in SoWal). Frankly, I'm just happy to have a cottage to go to and a beach to walk on!

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
OMG!
KURT!
She was our wedding photographer!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Photo0005b123.jpg

As you can see from the red X, Gwyne thankfully removed the offending pics from her site. She says she only takes pics in front of the dunes.

Thanks to her for helping to preserve and protect. :clap_1: