• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denise

Beach Comber
Feb 18, 2005
Dune Allen Beach
Buzz said:
I am not sure about Crow's home, but I do know the ones around her home (on the beach) were destroyed. There is one on it's side, and another with gapping holes. I have a relative across the street from her, that reported their yard is full of the debris.

Does anyone know about SeaGrove Beach East? We are due to arrive at the condo- Key Largo on Saturday and have not heard any updates from our rental agency.

Thanks to all for a great site!

What building is Key Largo in?

Barefootin

Beach Comber
May 15, 2005
For those on the beach with damage, I am very sorry. I happen to be a very lucky co-owner with no house damage, walkovers in tact and a sand foundation that I hope will recover in the not so distant future. This is about the same as when Opal hit. My renters this week will be somewhat asddened by the not-so-white beach, however, I am sure they will have fun in the area and playing in the lake. Let's try to help those in need and look at all the positives.

alankat

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
I understand the closed section of Old 98 opened, 1 lane each way, on Wednesday. But can somebody please clarify which section was closed and is now getting better? And, was it just covered over with water or did part wash away and the repairs will take a while? etc. etc. Many thanks - we're venturing to a place we've not stayed before (in Frangista, actually on Old 98) and don't know how it will affect our ability to get to groceries, our old haunts, etc.

Keep up the good spirits - we're bringing our tourist dollars to you as fast as we can! :laughing1

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
High Pointe Is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High Pointe is up and running on (nearly) all 8 cylinders! Pool is open. Cascades opens tomorrow (drinks and excellent food...). Current beach access is approximately 5 minute walk east. High Pointe beach access will be operational in less than 2 weeks. Beach Boys will be setting up chairs/umbrellas starting Saturday.

Come on down. Kick back at the pool, have Joey make you some absolutely excellent food, walk to the beach and enjoy the sunset...

Rumour is, there is a pulley system in the works to lower drinks/food from Cascades down to the beach. WE ROCK!

Woops, you need to be staying here to enjoy the pool.

Last edited:

beachwanabe

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Missouri
Thanks that was great info. I was at Camp Creek in February watching the plows pack sand on the beach banks. Many private walkovers were still being fixed from Ivan. What people need to realize there were 2 category 3 huricanes within 11 months that hit 30A. When was the last time this had happened on any beach in Florida? It will take a long time for the beaches to replenish, grow new sea oats, etc. This is a real disaster to the area.

I have been coming to this area from Pinnacle Port/Carillon west to Santa Rosa since 1986. My next 2 trips were scheduled for early August then Jan/February. I have reluctantly canceled August. If nothing else hits I still may make Jan/February.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Thyme after Thyme

Someone asked about the status of Thyme after Thyme - I drove by it today and it looked fine. You should have a great time, the house is in a great location in old Seagrove.

sunsetdunes

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Mame8486 said:
Thanks for the updates everyone. We have been coming to Gulf Trace for 17 years and love it. We look forward to it every year. We are staying this year at the Sea Turtle. We called Rivard and they said that they have not checked out the property yet as of 7/14. They also could not tell me the closest beach access or the status of the septic tanks.

Rivard hasn't checked the status of the property yet?!! Rivard doesn't know the closest access yet?! I'm glad I'm not that owner! I rent my own property and I made it my business to find out the closest access to my house after the storm, even though I'm running my business from Atlanta, and Rivard is in Walton County.

Yet, they call them "management companies." :bang:

beachma

Beach Lover
Apr 22, 2005
I've also rented through them...same experience. I haven't called the owner because I know they live in STL and they are probably in the same boat as their renters if Rivard isn't checking things out... :dunno:

We are fortunate that we have some time on our side because we're not coming down till August 13. I feel sorry for those who are trying to come down in the next week... :dunno:

sunsetdunes

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Thanks for the report! Re: the Ladder: I believe referring to the Inlet Beach access at South Orange Street and West Park Place Ave.

For others who may be unfamiliar with the area, there is a safer entrance just east of there at the end of South Walton Lakeshore. It is a flat entrance to the beach, never had a walkover. However, you will need to park at the lot at the end of Orange St. and walk, as there is no parking at Walton Lakeshore. See map here:

http://www.sunsetdunesgetaway.com/beachaccessmap.htm

I own some undeveloped property in Sand Cliffs (thankfully, not gulf front.) Can you post those photos and send me a private message when they are available?

Thanks!

Cork On the Ocean said:
Rosemary Beach/Seacrest Beach Report

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.