• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
ls2006vacay said:
Just a few thoughts:

Red bar is better for lunch. Key lime pie is good, crabcakes are not (but we're from MD)

Grayton beach state park's beach is worth more than 4 bucks admission

We've learned to live with the june grass

We found a photographer to take our beach pictures. Was fun

Went on swoop party boat today. Was fun, but we weren't very lucky. Others fared better. Still we had fun and were glad to get the rec from this board because we could not afford a charter - maybe next time

Had a sort of disappointing trip to cafe 30a- think we're done with it

I love the concept of 30aradio - wish it came in better

This is more than a few thoughts isn't it

I find myself wondering how people end up living in sowal full time and what it is like to be a local. Do you guys have names for us tourists? Up in ocean city NJ they call us shoebies

That's it for now... Going home to eat angelinas takeout

The non-june grass loving tourist

Sounds like you would just be better off vacationing in Ocean City. :roll:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
LOVED the Otter pictures GB or RO!!! cute, cute, cute!!!

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
SBilliter said:
What is June Grass...I have bluegrass here...but do not know what June grass is...

not nearly as bad now, and the storm will probably make it mostly go away, but the snot-green junk is 'june grass' - photo by sj at rosemary beach back on june 3 when it was really bad - from the thread 'june grass at seaside' [ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=5697"]June Grass in Seaside - SoWal Beaches Forum[/ame]

060525rosemary019.jpg

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
ls2006vacay said:
Just a few thoughts:

I find myself wondering how people end up living in sowal full time and what it is like to be a local. Do you guys have names for us tourists? Up in ocean city NJ they call us shoebies
When we were young we called you DDTs. Dumb Damn Tourists marked by hawaiin shirts, straw hats and cameras around the neck. Now there are too many people to even know who the DDTs are. :D

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
steele mama said:
When we were young we called you DDTs. Dumb Damn Tourists marked by hawaiin shirts, straw hats and cameras around the neck. Now there are too many people to even know who the DDTs are. :D

:funn: ...I don't like it, I love it! DDTs!!!!

gilesdad

Beach Comber
Mar 19, 2006
Central Illinois
ls2006vacay said:
What is your problem? That was a very rude thing to say.

Grayton beach state park's beach is worth more than 4 bucks admission
+ We've learned to live with the june grass

= Sounds like you would just be better off vacationing in Ocean City. ??? :dunno:

I don't get it. Sounded to me like Is2006vacay enjoyed her Sowal trip.