• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
SBilliter said:
Is it better to buy them or rent them...I am into saving money...let me know. This is the best site...I tell ya.
The best is finding a rental company that has beach chair and umbrella setup as part of their fee. But, if you don't go that route, bring your own from home, the kind that fold flat (easier for packing).

MKH

Beach Fanatic
May 12, 2005
Memphis, TN/Seacrest Beach, FL
mduke said:
Where is the best place to buy chairs and umbrellas

We bought some beach chairs at KMart last year-the Martha Stewart brand. Someone on this site said they were the best beach chairs, and after 2 years with them, I agree. They fold flat, they have wide wooden arms; they're great.

ladybug8876

leslie lou
Mar 20, 2005
Paducah, Ky
We have the kind that have a foot rest and then fold up into a bag, they are great and easy to carry. Actually the other night used them outside for a party and when we pulled them out of the bags some beautiful white sand fell out of the chairs. Just made me miss the beach so much.

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
OK, here's a question for the owners on the board.
We always buy chairs and umbrellas while we're down there.
Usually not the expensive kind, since we
never seem to have room in the car on the trip home.
Should we just leave these items at the unit, for the next
renters to use if they want to? Or does the rental company
just throw them away?
Someone should open a recycled beach chair shop. :)

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
amylouky said:
OK, here's a question for the owners on the board.
We always buy chairs and umbrellas while we're down there.
Usually not the expensive kind, since we
never seem to have room in the car on the trip home.
Should we just leave these items at the unit, for the next
renters to use if they want to? Or does the rental company
just throw them away?
Someone should open a recycled beach chair shop. :)

Talk to SJ about recycling. :rotfl:

I would leave them for the next crew and they will leave them on the beach. :lol:

ls2006vacay

Beach Lover
May 3, 2006
Hi!
I hope someone got our chairs/umbrellas. We ended up having to leave them by the trash can for someone to come pick up.

I've always been afraid to leave them at the unit for fear I'd get slammed with a $50 fee for "not removing my property" or something. (We use rental agencies to find our rentals)

Laura

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
We keep two big and two kids' chairs and two umbrellas at our unit. Nothing too expensive but they are fine to use and easy to replace when necessary. We would certainly not be bothered if more were left behind for other guests. Many of our guests have left behind the plastic beach or pool toys, and that is very much appreciated. I can't imagine our management company would have a problem with it. :dunno:

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
Please please - leave them in the rental unit. I love it when we come down and find a few left behind - We leave a few for our renters and I think they appreciate it. We leave ours in the laundry room for the guests - along with a small cooler for them to use on the beach.

ls2006vacay

Beach Lover
May 3, 2006
Our rental didn't leave any chairs because they wanted us to use a chair rental service. The service was too expensive for us to want to use it.