• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
A SoWal property owner I know received a letter from a group called the "Seagrove Condo Association Mngmnt" claiming to have taken over management of this owner's complex. The letter also claimed that there is a Florida law requiring that they get the name of the unit's mortgage company and account number. The owner was unaware of any change in association management (I'm still trying to chase that down). Worse, the return address was a non-existent unit in the complex.

I want to stress that I am not accusing this group of running a scam--yet. It may be legitimate. But it seems very suspicious to me.

When and if I learn that it either is or is not legitimate I will post it here.

***ON EDIT: Please see my post below. This group has turned out to be legitimate after all.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
I have spoken to a former board member at this condo complex who has confirmed that this group is legitimate and did indeed take over association management there. The non-existent unit they used for a return address is associated with a post office box and has mail delivered to it. The former board member did not know why they wanted mortgager account numbers, but I will leave that to the management agency and property owners to work out between themselves.

So, not a scam after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.