• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
sunsetdunes said:
TDC has posted a list of the status of post_storm property assessments they have received. It has contact names for the properties and email addresses:

http://www.beachesofsouthwalton.com/Post%20_Storm.asp

Note - if you see a "100%" operational", that doesn't necessarily mean everything is perfect. It is more likely to mean "we are renting 100% of our units". Contact properties directly to get the scoop.

For instance - one condo listed as 100% has 2 pools. One is fine and one is closed. And they have no direct beach access.

Randy

Beach Crab
Jul 16, 2005
Just joined the forum today. :clap_1: Thanks to all who have been so diligent in sharing info with those who visit your wonderful beaches each year :clap_1: particularly the repeated messages shared by Kurt and Smilin Joe :bow: :bow: : .

We are scheduled to arrive at Beachside Villas on 7/23 and wondered if anyone had any updates/photos around the Beachside Villas/Sugar Dunes beach access and beaches. I understand the complex had very little damage.

Thanks from Decatur, GA.

Randy

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
Welcome Randy. I was born and raised in Decatur, Georgia. :laughing1

jfrances

Beach Comber
Feb 2, 2005
Randy,
The buildings at Beachside Villas have some siding torn and 1 building has a piece of the roof missing. The beach access is partially gone so it is not operational. From a photo I saw one could walk along the damaged boardwalk but there may be debri to watch out for. Sugar Dunes has pretty much lost their stairways to the beach. The beach looks pretty bleak like the other area photos. I'm basing my info on photos I saw not first hand.
There is a walkover with no steps at the end of Lakewood Drive. Inquire if it is clear of debri from the Beachside Villas managemnt or The Dunes of Seagrove condo complex (which is bulit next to the Lakewood Dr. public access ).

scarlet8

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2005
North Mississippi
:clap_1: Just a note to say thanks to all of you again. My rental agent told me that my unit was ok til August, I asked them again if they could move my reservation. I had seen on this site that my rental was demolished, and I really hate that. I feel so sorry for the people that own these units, my heart goes out to you. Any way, they checked with their supervisor,and was told that this unit was condemed. I am glad that you let me know, so that I could book a place in advanced. Again, my prayers are will all of you. Thankyou for sharing your paradise.

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
I have been so busy with work I am just now checking this forum. Thanks everyone for the updates. I have a place in Camp Creek subdivision, Pelican Circle, one lot back from the beach and a place in Inlet, also one lot back from the beach. From what I understand Pelican Circle is mostly okay except for the dune damage. I've seen pictures of the Camp Creek/Seacrest Beach area, but little of the house/dune damage in the Inlet Beach area. How much of the dunes got cut back in Inlet? How is the area around the public beach access at the end of S. Orange?

Again, thanks to all the good spirited folks who live and visit the 30A area! I fell in love with the place many years ago and have made my plans to retire there. Those plans are and will remain unchanged - just waiting for that day.

Thanks also to all the full-timers who are keeping us updated! Hope to meet up with you soon. You've really made a big difference for a lot of us!

Seahorse

Beach Comber
Jul 16, 2005
Seagrove-most of the time
Just found and joined this board after a good friend sent me the site to view the hurricane damage......unbelievable. Gorgeous pictures, though. Thank you so much for all the helpful information, the sites given by Kurt to check conditions etc. It's so helpful. We own a condo in Seagrove (Legacy) and were there the day after Arlene and could not believe the damage then. The beach erosion pictures now are just so sad. My prayers to all who had home damage-we were lucky, this time. I live there part time and will be heading back next week so if anyone needs me to check something then and get back to them privately please email me off line.

Take care and thanks again,
Seahorse

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
The weather is great and the crowds are down. The beaches look like they did after Ivan, but the dunes are more heavily scarped. Lack of access points is a nuisance, but not too much trouble. I am happy just to be here; grillin and chillin...

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
pgurney said:
I have been so busy with work I am just now checking this forum. Thanks everyone for the updates. I have a place in Camp Creek subdivision, Pelican Circle, one lot back from the beach and a place in Inlet, also one lot back from the beach. From what I understand Pelican Circle is mostly okay except for the dune damage. I've seen pictures of the Camp Creek/Seacrest Beach area, but little of the house/dune damage in the Inlet Beach area. How much of the dunes got cut back in Inlet? How is the area around the public beach access at the end of S. Orange?

Again, thanks to all the good spirited folks who live and visit the 30A area! I fell in love with the place many years ago and have made my plans to retire there. Those plans are and will remain unchanged - just waiting for that day.

Thanks also to all the full-timers who are keeping us updated! Hope to meet up with you soon. You've really made a big difference for a lot of us!

Inlet Beach is similar to other ares in dune loss and walkover losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.