• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gr8mom

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Little Rock
RiverOtter said:
18 years :scratch:
How bout a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card :dunno: ..
:D

Umm, are you trying to make a statement about me or my husband here? :dunno:

Okay, to be more specific, I want something single-family. Actually, I guess I want it all - something small, cozy, beautifully furnished and romantic would be great (thanks for all the insinuations posted above :love: ). By the things I've read about the Honeymoon Cottages, they sound perfect, but they are a little pricey. Can anyone attest to whether they are worth it or not? I think 3 nights in October would be around $1350 with taxes. As far as right on the beach or not, I'd like to be within close walking distance if not right on the beach.
Does this help? I just want it perfect, but I'm not sure I even know what that is. I was hoping some of you could tell me what you think that perfect place is :dunno: Here's my scenerio: my husband and I haven't been away without the kids since our oldest daughter was about 3 - she's now almost 15; I'm turning :blink: 40 :blink: in October; and we're wrapping up a very hard year of building our dream home. The bottom line is that I guess I really don't mind spending whatever it takes to make this a great trip. I thought about waiting until our 20th anniversary, but then it'll almost be time to send our oldest away to college, with all of our money! :bang: SO, it's now or never!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
gr8mom...don't over think this trip. "Perfect" is a scary word sometimes. You definitely need a trip and SoWal will be awesome. Heck, anywhere would be awesome after 13 years!!!!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The honeymoon cottages at Seaside are nice, no doubt. Personally, I think they are WAY overpriced.

I think some of the newer developments (Roesmary Beach, Watercolor) might be a good way to go. Like Seaside, they aren't cheap, but from an amenities standpoint, I have a feeling it would be a good choice for you.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
gr8mom, look at this nice bed and breakfast inn in Santa Rosa Beach. Very nice and looks to be not right on the beach but very picturesque. I wouldn't mind staying there. Looks romantic to me! This sight has some reviews from people that stayed there also that you can read. By the way, congratulations on your 18th anniversary! :D

http://www.ahighlandshouse.com/

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
if it was me and mine after almost 20 years, i'd head for one of the houses in cape san blas called either angels kiss or momma's mink - garden path leads out directly onto the deserted beach, secluded silence pervades and the sign said fully furnished - might be too expensive though - i've never stayed there, just saw them going by and liked the design and where they were