• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Thnaks so much for your feedback.

I believe we will definately try to stay there now. As far as poor customer service: They never replied to any of my requests for general info or rental. I went thru their website. Finally, I called (I mean, who uses the phone anymore for this kind of request or inquiries?) and someone said they had gotten the emails but they don't do the actual rentals. I was surprised that no one had made an attempt to answer or help (after my numerous emails) or forward the info on to whomever! I finally just gave up and figured they were more interested in sales. It was back during the winter when I had tried to contact them so maybe it was not the best time!

But thank you for the good word. (which rental co. do you go thru?)

stockpicker2000

Beach Crab
Jul 14, 2005
www.carillon-rentals.com
There is now an on-site rental company that would have had nothign to do with your experiences several years ago. www.carillon-rentals.com.
Rudyjohn said:
Thnaks so much for your feedback.

I believe we will definately try to stay there now. As far as poor customer service: They never replied to any of my requests for general info or rental. I went thru their website. Finally, I called (I mean, who uses the phone anymore for this kind of request or inquiries?) and someone said they had gotten the emails but they don't do the actual rentals. I was surprised that no one had made an attempt to answer or help (after my numerous emails) or forward the info on to whomever! I finally just gave up and figured they were more interested in sales. It was back during the winter when I had tried to contact them so maybe it was not the best time!

But thank you for the good word. (which rental co. do you go thru?)

gr8mom

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Little Rock
stockpicker2000 said:
There is now an on-site rental company that would have had nothign to do with your experiences several years ago. www.carillon-rentals.com.

We have used them and really like them. They were close, friendly, and we had no issues with the property they rented us.

bamablue

Beach Comber
Feb 8, 2006
Does anyone know why this year there are so many homes that have been put up for sale in Carillon Beach? We have rented there for the last 6 years, and just wondered if owners are trying to sell for sake of quick profit, or because of other reasons there.........We know a condo building is going up in the downtown area, maybe the owners aren't very happy about it...? Also, anyone have any recent photos of Carillon Beach? Would love to see any available before we rent again for upcoming summer...THANKS!!!!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
phdphay said:
Why did Chef Paul's restaurant at Carillon fail? It had one of the best chef's from Atlanta (from Pano's and Paul's) and the best general manager (David Reilly, formerly of Buckhead Diner). The food was fabulous. Was it location-location-location?

I guess I caught them on a bad night, because I had one of the worst dining experiences of my life there one New Year's Eve. We never even tried the food. The service was so off-the-chart rude, we got up and left before we even ordered. Perhaps other experiences like mine had something to do with their ultimate demise.

But I digress..... Back to seawalls :lol:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
JB said:
I guess I caught them on a bad night, because I had one of the worst dining experiences of my life there one New Year's Eve. We never even tried the food. The service was so off-the-chart rude, we got up and left before we even ordered. Perhaps other experiences like mine had something to do with their ultimate demise.

But I digress..... Back to seawalls :lol:

:lolabove: ...seawalls have not been built on this thread....YET!

Swartzmom

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, GA
We stayed at the "Fairview Cottage" last May. Rented a golf cart and loved driving through Carillon to the sports bar for dinner (heard it has closed) and to the heated pool. The house was beachfront and right next to the beachfront pool! Rented directly from the owner and she was very pleasant to work with. I would recommend this house highly. Was quite pricey even though we were able to take advantage of the rates between spring break and summer. Loved the community, but wished there were more restaurants in the community itself.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
There probably are always a lot of houses for sale in there - the beaches look good.

Swartzmom you have my favorite avatar - don't ever change it. :clap_1:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Swartzmom said:
We stayed at the "Fairview Cottage" last May. Rented a golf cart and loved driving through Carillon to the sports bar for dinner (heard it has closed) and to the heated pool. The house was beachfront and right next to the beachfront pool! Rented directly from the owner and she was very pleasant to work with. I would recommend this house highly. Was quite pricey even though we were able to take advantage of the rates between spring break and summer. Loved the community, but wished there were more restaurants in the community itself.
There are couple of guys looking at the Sports Bar and should reopen soon.

gr8mom

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Little Rock
bamablue said:
Does anyone know why this year there are so many homes that have been put up for sale in Carillon Beach? We have rented there for the last 6 years, and just wondered if owners are trying to sell for sake of quick profit, or because of other reasons there.........We know a condo building is going up in the downtown area, maybe the owners aren't very happy about it...? Also, anyone have any recent photos of Carillon Beach? Would love to see any available before we rent again for upcoming summer...THANKS!!!!

There already are condos in the downtown area - are you talking about some other than these? I can't recall where there would be space to build anything too great in stature downtown. I hope the sports bar reopens as something soon.