• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beachluvr

Beach Comber
Jul 17, 2005
N. Georgia
Hi all! This is my first time on this site! Found it loaded with helpful information! :bow: The pictures of the devastation caused by Dennis are awesome-though sad. :sosad: The Destin area is one of our favorite places to go relax and have fun. We considered trying somewhere else this year but couldn't give up the Gulf and ALL it has to offer!!

We have a 7 yr old who invited a friend to come along with us this year-he has never been to the beach-we asked JB which beach would he rather take his friend to-east coast or the Gulf(clear water). He chose the clear water!!! :D

I'm just praying that things will be looking better before we arrive this Sat. so that JB's friend will be able to have an awesome time experiencing the beach! We are staying at Beachcrest in Seagrove-never stayed there before. Does anyone have any info. on the condition of this location and beach access?

Thank you all for helping those of us planning to visit! :clap_1:

seagrovefan

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2005
Does anyone know the condition of the Cassine Garden Village property? What about the beach access that is across the street?

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
I have a friend that has 2 houses in Seagrove with one in Cassine Gardens (north of Cassine Village) and one in the Groves by the Sea. His Cassine house and the neighborhood did well coming thru Dennis with just screen porch (scrren) damage from the wind and the beach walkover is wiped out and dunes suffered some extensive erosion as reported along all of SoWal and beaches of 30-A.

seagrovefan

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2005
Thanks for the information. We have been going to Seagrove at least once a year for over 10 years. It breaks my heart to see the damage done to the beaches.

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
CajunGal said:
Color of water?

Hello from Louisiana!

We are heading to Destin late next week & I discovered these pictures taken last week...

http://photosflorida.com/images/dennis/index.html

I do realize they were taken only 4 days after the hurricane....will the water color be somewhat Emerald-ish by next week? :dunno:

Good find.. great (although very sad) pictures. I'm hoping the waters are returning to normal also.. guess the yellow flags are a good sign!

Tigerpaw

Beach Crab
Jul 20, 2005
I love these message boards! They have really helped in getting information abouth the area after Dennis. We've been coming to Miramar Beach for 5 years now and we love it. Does anyone know how much damage the Sandollar condos had? The Sandollar condos are right on the beach next to Pompano Joes and the Costa Del Sol condos. From what I have read Pompano Joes sustained alot of damage and Costa Del Sol is closed for the remainder of the summer (via rental agency). If anyone has any information on the Sandollar or the beaches in this area I would really appreciate it.

stlouisgirl

Beach Crab
Jul 20, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
We are headed down from St. Louis in a few weeks (August 6). "Plan" to stay at Leeward Key, by Captain Dave's, but not sure how anything has faired. We do know that the front pool is closed, but not sure if there is still beach access there or how the beach is. Our rental agent makes it sound like nothing has happened, but need to make a decision soon if we will still come that way.

Would appreciate any information we can get.

Lasky

Beach Crab
Jul 20, 2005
Thanks so much for all the great information. It is such a help for all of us who are receiving such little information from the rental agencies. I've read through the posts, and didn't see any information on Santa Rosa, specifically Old Florida Village. We are due to come down 8/6 and I'm trying to prepare the kids for the beach damage. Any reports on Santa Rosa would be appreciated!

Thanks again for all the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.