• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
To my sowal friends and fellow homeowners, I've been asked to create a separate website for homeowners in Seacrest Beach II and I encourage you to log on to learn about whats happening in our community. There is a PRIVATE forum for HOMEOWNERS only as well a public forum to post your rentals. You are the first to have access to this board and we will be sending out a notice over the next week to all homeowners. Go to:

Seacrest-Beach.com

Log on under:

You need to first Register on the top of the menu.
Then send an email to our moderator Bernie LaScalla at Bernie0216@aol.com
Be sure to send your lot and block or physical address so that you get access to the private forums.
Bernie will activate you and give you full authority to view and post in the private forums.

Tell your fellow homeowners. Spread the word until we can notify all homeowners. I think you'll be very happy with your "unofficial" Seacrest Beach website and hope you become an important part of it's growth and refinement.

Non owners will be able to view the public forum with your rentals, info about our community etc.

The following announcement is being sent out! Be There and if other homeowners would like to start their own community board at no charge, please email me!

Announcing

A new web-based BULLETIN BOARD has been created for SEACREST BEACH II property owners. It contains public forums where general information and rental advertising can be posted. More importantly, private forums (restricted to property owners only) will provide information and facilitate discussion regarding our community?s current happenings, issues, board meetings, DRB meeting minutes, along with other reference documents. There are no costs to use the Bulletin Board. Register now at:

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
P.S.

I haven't bothered to figure out what time it is on GMT. Here in Tallahassee it's 4 hours past happy hour. :D

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Sandcastle said:
P.S.

I haven't bothered to figure out what time it is on GMT. Here in Tallahassee it's 4 hours past happy hour. :D

I hear you. I had a hard time figuring that one out too. I gave you full owner access last night. I'm still notifying owners and will have to send out postcards to those whose email address that I don't have yet? Have you logged onto the private homeowner's section yet? Give us feedback and by all means post so we can get the ones who are registered to start conversation. Also, tell any friends you know that own in Seacrest. Lots of good stuff going on in the private section and post your rental if you have one. :welcome:

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Comparable to "Da Lounge"?

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
Thanks Cork. We saw the Parade homes in Seacrest Beach this weekend. We also saw the fountain at night for the first time. Seacrest is really a nice place and I?m glad that I own a lot there ? even thought no one is beating down our door to buy it. :roll:

I?ll be out of town for a few days. When I return home, I?ll check out the site.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Kimmifunn said:
Comparable to "Da Lounge"?
Would not even attempt that :rotfl: , No, the purpose is for long distance home owners to have info that's going on in their community more readily available etc. Board of Director Meeting minutes, how their spending our money etc. That section is private for homeowners in Seacrest Beach. Most HOA's don't make it easy for long distance homeowners to know what's going on. In fact one member of the BOD has already threatened to sue me if I don't take it down. I just can't imagine why they don't want homeowner's knowing what's going on. It's our community and they are working for us.

Anyway, Then there's a public forum on it where homeowners will be able to post their Seacrest Beach rentals all in one place for free. Still have about 300 owners to notify but pretty good response so far. About 4o registered so far but they're all lurkers :rotfl: . We need a kimmifunn in our neighborhood to speak up!

Have also purchased a domain which will contain links to any community along 30A, PCB or Destin where the homeowner's want a board to discuss business etc.. Have someone who may moderate a board for Caseine and maybe Carillon. If they want one they can have one. Some community associations may have great communication and not need one. Others probably desperately need one. We'll see how it goes. :dunno:

Sandcastle, you're right things are slow but definitely picking up. We sold a lot in Seacrest Beach last week and have a couple of serious clients we're working with as well as a couple of large investors. People are definitely looking and starting to sign but they want buys for sure and there's a lot of really good buys out there. I just put a 30K bonus on a house I have listed in Seacrest Beach as an inducement for realtors. Just got to be patient and creative in this market.

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005
Cork - I have a lot and a condo in Seacrest and would love to be able to keep up with what is going on (just registered and requested access). How could the Board possibly "sue" you - that is ridiculous. Thanks for your hard work - I think this will be great!

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
imasunbum said:
Cork - I have a lot and a condo in Seacrest and would love to be able to keep up with what is going on (just registered and requested access). How could the Board possibly "sue" you - that is ridiculous. Thanks for your hard work - I think this will be great!

They certainly couldn't win but could cost money. Luckily the moderator who asked me to put it up has 4 children that are all lawyers :rotfl: . My feelings are they should want the homeowners to know what's going on if they've got nothing to hide. We've been requesting bank records etc and we're beginning to identify some areas which bear scrutiny regarding spending. You'll find a lot of questions that we've got on the board and we're requesting and analyzing records now to get the answers to them. We're also gonna be setting up polls so the homeowners can vote on various issues that are being considered. They don't have to listen but they'd be wise to.

Bernie was driving from Atlanta tonight so he'll be setting up access tomorrow for you (if he hasn't already). We've got about 40-45 registered users so far (had about 10 come in today) and we're mailing out to the 400 that we don't have emails for but by all means pass the word if you have friends that are also owners.

Getting great response but they're just lurking so far. I think a lot of them don't know how to use a board or are afraid of some sort of reprisal. They're certainly not sowal.com..ers :rofl: I guess that even if they don't post and get a community going, at least they're reading and will be aware of what's happening in their community. We might have to give a door prize for the most posts the first week or something :rotfl:

Meeting with Bernie tomorrow but he told me today that we've had a couple of requests to put up a private board for the Village People too so that tells me that homeowner's do want to know what they're management is doing.

Glad to have you and won't it be great to know our neighbors?