• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dsilvar

Beach Fanatic
Jan 12, 2006
Miramar beach
cooleydog said:
But we're not talking about all other markets and all other condos on this thread. We are talking about Ariel Dunes. And I think the "bulls" on this thread are trying to discuss amongst themselves that Ariel Dunes is looking better than it has in the last several months based on market prices and number of units pending. So why don't you keep your general bearish comments on other boards because I'm frankly tired of reading them. If you want to talk about Ariel Dunes, please do.

Ho Ho ho..thems fightin' words, cooleydog!! Nevertheless I understand surfer dudes comments as saying that no one really knows how this real estate "soft landing" is all going to play out and where the bottom is, or if condo prices are going to slide further..but to say this area is not unique is simply not true.
Why just ask any of the 30-A royalty about "this area" and he/she will wax eloquent for an hour.
The boomers have not just gone away and as we sit with this stalemate in area prices to unwind the real demand for property is building up.
The demand for costal real estate is growing even as we speak.
Watch out when the flood gates open up.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
FLSunChaser said:
10 have gone under contract since last Thursday and three more are in the works. I think the word is out that it's such a great building, awesome, awesome views. And quite frankly, several of the original purchasers in that building are walking away without making a dime.

You mean they walked out on a 20% markup?? (as stated above)

OR...was it because they couldn't find a buyer (in which case the 20% mark-up, well...wasn't), OR because they were unable to to find a bank to lend them the mortgage OR do they just get a kick out of throwing their money down the drain??

FLSunChaser

Beach Lover
Apr 26, 2006
Not sure and don't know each individual owners circumstances for selling. Just glad to be a part of some real estate that's selling.

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
FLSunChaser said:
Not sure and don't know each individual owners circumstances for selling. Just glad to be a part of some real estate that's selling.
These views should certainly help move some units:

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
IMG_7487.JPG

more photos in here.

(I cannot recall who was looking for photos of Arial Dunes, but I took some today.)
Man they're ugly.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
I'm guessing you're not from around here. People who grew up around the panhandle have some manners. Or do you call it "the Great Northwest" a la St. Joe?

At least my dog still loves me.

I also like the artificial lake which seems to be the same shade of green as the tennis courts. Maybe they can put in some chemicals or algicides that can then filter into the Gulf.

dsilvar

Beach Fanatic
Jan 12, 2006
Miramar beach
pmd8 said:
I'm guessing you're not from around here. People who grew up around the panhandle have some manners. Or do you call it "the Great Northwest" a la St. Joe?

At least my dog still loves me.

I also like the artificial lake which seems to be the same shade of green as the tennis courts. Maybe they can put in some chemicals or algicides that can then filter into the Gulf.
Do pardon me, I am indeed not a inbred local dweller...but I try to refrain from denegrating anothers home.
I think that may be the first rule in the manner book. However....the "artificial lake" serves an important ecological function..alge might be ugly to you but for a feeding heron or egret, frog or fish or a myriad of microorganisms its food.
I will ask the Seascape HOA to aereate the pond to increase dissolved oxygen and enhance the appearance. No need for chemical intervention...that may be the locals way of dealing with it but there ARE other ways.
I am aware that this area is considered a riviera of sorts.....
and , by the way... arf, arf !

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
It's "denigrating" and "aerate"; "another's" rather than anothers to reflect the possessive case. I'm sure "a inbred" was a typo and you meant "an inbred". At least that's what my cousin/sister-in-law tells me.

I'm sorry you missed the sarcasm in my remark about chemicals and algicides.

Algae (not alge) is indeed a naturally occurring phenomenon. When the concentration is too high, as indicated by the soupy green appearance, it's usually secondary to the runoff of nitrogen and phosphorus from fertilizer used on lawns and farms. It's what has caused the infamous dead zone extending 90 miles off the coast of Louisiana. The Mississippi River carries runoff from huge farms in the Midwest. Which is why I don't fertilize my bayfront lawn.

An abnormally high algae concentration prevents photosynthesis and subsequent oxygen production. The problem is further compounded when the algae bloom dies off and bacterial decomposition consumes yet more oxygen.

So just ask your HOA to stop fertilizing. Better yet, replace the lawn with some "inbred local dwellers", i.e. indigenous plants.

dsilvar

Beach Fanatic
Jan 12, 2006
Miramar beach
pmd8 said:
It's "denigrating" and "aerate"; "another's" rather than anothers to reflect the possessive case. I'm sure "a inbred" was a typo and you meant "an inbred". At least that's what my cousin/sister-in-law tells me.

I'm sorry you missed the sarcasm in my remark about chemicals and algicides.

Algae (not alge) is indeed a naturally occurring phenomenon. When the concentration is too high, as indicated by the soupy green appearance, it's usually secondary to the runoff of nitrogen and phosphorus from fertilizer used on lawns and farms. It's what has caused the infamous dead zone extending 90 miles off the coast of Louisiana. The Mississippi River carries runoff from huge farms in the Midwest. Which is why I don't fertilize my bayfront lawn.

An abnormally high algae concentration prevents photosynthesis and subsequent oxygen production. The problem is further compounded when the algae bloom dies off and bacterial decomposition consumes yet more oxygen.

So just ask your HOA to stop fertilizing. Better yet, replace the lawn with some "inbred local dwellers", i.e. indigenous plants.

I get it..you are my 6th grade teacher in disguise!!
If you think that correcting my spelling somehow diminishes my intelligence or suggests that you are anything more than a quick-to-judge moron, you'd be quite wrong. That should be a first for you.
Fertilizers encourage algal growth but are not the problem in Seascape. Aerating the pond and a biological filter should be enough to solve the problem.
You should contain your comments to things you understand or conversely to your unfertilized bay front lawn.
have a good life.