• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CJ

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2005
Pt. Washington
I am no financial analyst but my great grandmother always said "anything is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it; no more, no less"

At the end of the day, this place is fabulous and the more people find it the higher the demand will be. Paradise is never a bad investment at any price!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Sueshore, I actually think October is the best time of year here anyways. Still warm enough for going to the beach, but not so warm you sweat through clothing if you have to be outside for 5 minutes at 8:30 am. Very pleasant if you want to golf, walk, play tennis, or bike. Peak of hurricane season has passed. And way less crowded than it would be in August.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
We were down last week also (we did love the week after Dennis, we never got into so many great restaurants so easily) I did talk with the builder of a home 70% done on the park in Watercolor, he said the owner just turned down $5.5million for the home "as is". He said he'd sell for more when completed or live in it. Not a bad choice to make. Also I do not think it was a flipper offering the $5.5MM. As someone said above great location will hold value. I talked with a Citibank officer today along with a client and he said many of his clients were listing properties to "capture" gain, but he also said he saw the same thing 5 years ago at MUCH lower prices.
Good luck to everyone, both the buyers and sellers, I'm keeping mine.

Travel2Much

Beach Lover
Jun 13, 2005
TooFarTampa said:
LOL ...

Maybe we should stick to talking about dogs romping on the beach and $7 million gulf front beach houses in Rosemary, which is a lot more fun!! Wish I was a dog romping in Rosemary right now. :lol:

Ain't that the truth. I am going to ride over to RB and enjoy myself, the sunny evening, and my investment. I'll romp a bit in the grass for you.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
TooFarTampa said:
LOL ok now my head hurts. I'm no expert either Travel2Much. My gut reaction is that since everything is made in China these days, if the price of their goods go up everything gets more expensive at Wal-Mart. But you may be right, maybe Greenspan is happy. :dunno:

Maybe we should stick to talking about dogs romping on the beach and $7 million gulf front beach houses in Rosemary, which is a lot more fun!! Wish I was a dog romping in Rosemary right now. :lol:

Okay...now my stomach hurts, from too much laughing!!! Maybe the economics lessons can go to the lounge! I plead guilty for going off topic with my puppy news, but TooFarTampa is correct...dogs romping on the beach is SoWal at it's best!!!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Kim Smith said:
Sueshore,

We have a sheltie and she absolutely loves the beach. She sits on our front porch, and just takes it all in. When it is time to come back home we have to physically pick her up and put her in the car, she is not ready. Now all we have to say is are you ready to go to the beach and she is at our back door, waiting to get in the car. They are wonderful dogs and she is truely our beach dog.

This will drive the economists crazy but, thanks for the great story about your sheltie! It made me smile. Our first sheltie, Missy, only got to be at the beach twice before she died in Feb. of 2004. Her first time on the beach was at Thanksgiving '02 and she LOVED it. It has taken us 18 months to be ready for another fur ball and we can hardly wait. The sweetest thing is my 20 year old son is so happy she is coming before he goes back to school. There's just something about a man that loves dogs! And I must agree...October is a great time for SoWal...I stayed for three weeks last year! It was my first year for the empty nest and NO, I didn't suffer!