• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Many of you requested this information regarding a Memorial Fund.
Please see below:

We appreciate concern for our feelings since they were our guests, but we just reacted the way most of you would have had you been in our shoes. It could have been any one of us, and we feel honored that people as beloved as the Rooks had chosen our home. An e-mail from their son Chris poignantly states "look into the future and try to make an impact..."

Regards,
Donna

A memorial fund has been established at 5/3 Bank that benefits the Deaconess Hospital Cardiology Unit as well as Kylie and Chris Rook.

Donations can be made to the Jim Rook/Margie Larkcom Rook Memorial Fund at any 5/3 branch.
(I beleive this Bank is in Ohio)

condolences by mail can be sent to the address below.
Tony Sinclair
4630 Northfield Rd.
Blue Ash, OH 45242

Below is an email from Chris Rook, Jim's son...
(This was taken from the memorial web site)

" First and foremost......not enough can be said about my mother and father......two of the most amazing people that have walked the face of this earth.......I wanted everyone on here to know that my sister and I are doing ok and that we wouldn't have been able to get through this situation alone.....we feel so priveledged to have the family that we have been blessed with and to have all of you added to that......my parents were very family oriented and cared more about helping other people than they cared about their own selves. I am honored to be their son and I know my sister feels the same way.......I have watched my life change right before my eyes and you never really know how special something is, until it's gone....just to let you all know, I was there on scene...............my parents had a smile on their faces when they left us.....and I know they had already put a shield on us and so many people to make sure we all would be safe.......they are the reason my sister and meghan are safe and going to be ok......we all love meghan very much, she was a part of this family. My condolences go out to her family. I know my parents aren't going to let her not be ok! As for Kylie and I, we have never really been big into faith and believing in spirituality, but I have to say, mom and dad are inside of us right now keeping us strong and helping us deal with this the way that they would. The feelings of power inside of us are so powerful, it's undescribable........Thank you all so much for your support and for helping us get through this as one big family........My dad has been in this band since before I was born, and for I haven't met all of you, the ones I have, have made an impact in my life......I have met some amazing people just being around this band because that is just the kind of people they attract........Fast Forward, is my family and the other members are just like uncles to us.......Again, I can't express enough gratitude to all of you who have let my family make an impact on your lives.....They are up above right now probably livin the high life, and if you look up in the sky, I really think Margie is making things organized.......the stars have looked amazing these past couple of days! I love you all and if you are interested to hear more from me.....go to: myspace.com/langus and read my new blog........We are going to get through this together as one big family because you all know damn well that is the way my parents would want it! Keep your heads up, as they would say, you either need to poop or get off the pot.......That is what is helping my sister and I get through this tough time.......Look into the future and try to make an impact, the same way that these two honorable people did. This situation proved to all of us, that we need to appreciate life and all the little things that come with it........That is Jim and Margie Rook to the tee......Thanks again for your compassion, and we love you all!

Chris and Kylie"

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
:sosad: I don't understand Chris' reference to Meghann. What has become of her (I assume she is the young lady in the car with Kylie). Such a horrible tragedy.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Mango, Thank you for posting this. I have been so worried about these kids. I do feel so much better now knowing that they are ok. Chris sounds like a wonderful young man, I know he will take care of his sister along with a host of other people.

kimbug

Beach Lover
Apr 8, 2005
Northeast Ohio
Wow...powerful words from a strong young man. These two parents have a lot to be proud of as their legacy lives on.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
."......they are the reason my sister and meghan are safe and going to be ok......we all love meghan very much, she was a part of this family. My condolences go out to her family. I know my parents aren't going to let her not be ok!"

I took Chris' comment to mean, that Meghan was felt to be a part of their family "before" the accident. She is doing well and that he felt that his parents, were watching over her! I'm certain that we all agree, Chris and his sister are making their parents, very proud! :D What an unbelievably mature and strong, young man!
Sea Star said:
:sosad: I don't understand Chris' reference to Meghann. What has become of her (I assume she is the young lady in the car with Kylie). Such a horrible tragedy.

Beach Hawk

Beach Comber
Jul 21, 2005
Mason, Ohio
I have additional details for those wishing to contribute to the memorial fund. Fifth Third Bank is a large regional bank headquartered here in Cincinnati buts its only Florida offices tend to be centered around Tampa and Clearwater and nowhere near SoWal.

As Mango posted earlier, a memorial fund has been established to benefit the Deaconess Hospital Cardiology Unit as well as Kylie and Chris Rook (Jim and Margie's children). Donations should be mailed to the Jim Rook/Margie Larkcom Rook Memorial Fund at the following address:

Fifth Third Bank
2094 Beechmont Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45230
Attention: Lisa Hudson

The bank's phone number is 513-232-4000. Thanks again to all the wonderful folks in SoWal.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
A beautiful tribute to his parents! I can see they will be missed, but it seems they have left behind a wonderful legacy.