• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
hi n dry said:
I have driven by this development a couple of times and really don't see any beach access.

Is there a beach access for Aquatera?

I thought the article said there was 3 beachfront residences which surprised me but skimmed through quick. Need to reread the article.

halawallah

Banned
Jun 28, 2006
Re: Aquatera Beach access

Aquatera's beach access is on Green Street; the developer has or will demolish the existing house there and build a quadraplex; 3 units for sale and the 4th unit as the common-use "beach club" for the Aquatera residents

halawallah

Banned
Jun 28, 2006
Re: Aquatera stopped??

Johnny Earles abruptly pulled out of the project; sems to be stalled out due to lack of development financing

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

halawallah said:
Johnny Earles abruptly pulled out of the project; sems to be stalled out due to lack of development financing

This must be a mistake! I'm told developers won't start something unless they're absolutely sure there will be profit in it. :dunno:

dsilvar

Beach Fanatic
Jan 12, 2006
Miramar beach

SHELLY said:
This must be a mistake! I'm told developers won't start something unless they're absolutely sure there will be profit in it. :dunno:
ahhhh..uno momento..the exact comment was they would'nt finish the project unless they could make money..:roll:
The operative words here are "due to lack of development financing". Somebody found out there was no profit in it...end of project.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Duh!!! Its not a surprise that funding is a problem--they spent 61 million just to buy the property!! The developer is supposed to be a hot shot from Miami, but I don't know what he was thinking. They also paid way too much for the Collaborations property and progress there also looks slow.

halawallah

Banned
Jun 28, 2006
Re: Aquatera land for sale?

Camp Creek Kid said:
Duh!!! Its not a surprise that funding is a problem--they spent 61 million just to buy the property!! The developer is supposed to be a hot shot from Miami, but I don't know what he was thinking. They also paid way too much for the Collaborations property and progress there also looks slow.

Brokers are quietly marketing the land as a whole now so the developer can get out...the price paid for the land was about $26 mil to the seller..the $61 mil is with all the partner fees and profit takeouts up front pre-development added in

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Re: Aquatera land for sale?

halawallah said:
Brokers are quietly marketing the land as a whole now so the developer can get out...the price paid for the land was about $26 mil to the seller..the $61 mil is with all the partner fees and profit takeouts up front pre-development added in

The Property Assessors office says $61 mil for the sale. It doesn't matter how much the seller got (tho they got the best of the deal because this was a flip). What matters is how much the buyer paid and they paid it when nobody else would touch the property. The numbers just didn't work with the low density.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Wait...so are you saying that Aquatera is no more?

IF so, not terribly surprising..with so many other things for sale, seems crazy to compete with the glut right now. I can't say I'm broken up about it, if this is the case. We have a fairly chill stretch of beach there, and that sure would have changed that in a heartbeat. Not that it won't come eventually, but I may be able to squeeze in a few more solitary sunrise walks this way...