• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2006
In reading another post, it was said that the WM in PCB was awful............well dito for the WM in Destin. NOTICE--I am from Arkansas--thick WM country. The Destin WM manager will be getting a nasty letter or email from me. It was HORRIBLE. Aside from being busy, the ladies in the deli were very rude, the shelves were not stocked (all 3 times I went), and there was only a few check outs opened and had to stand in a god awful line FOREVER. All of the self check outs were not even opened!!

Avoid WM in Destin!!!!! :bang:

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Franny said:
Like I said come on Target'!!! :clap_1: :lolabove:

Ain't that the truth? Walmart is not much better up here north. Same problems with staffing and complaints about them paying a living wage, failing to provide health insurance, etc. Target feels almost upscale by comparison.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
arkiegirl said:
In reading another post, it was said that the WM in PCB was awful............well dito for the WM in Destin. NOTICE--I am from Arkansas--thick WM country. The Destin WM manager will be getting a nasty letter or email from me. It was HORRIBLE. Aside from being busy, the ladies in the deli were very rude, the shelves were not stocked (all 3 times I went), and there was only a few check outs opened and had to stand in a god awful line FOREVER. All of the self check outs were not even opened!!

Avoid WM in Destin!!!!! :bang:

Don't ya know that Destin Walmart has a license to print money?? I don't think they're too worried about losing any business. As for the employee situation or lack thereof--folks aren't exactly beating down the doors in Destin for $9.50 per hour jobs, so they?re stuck with what they have and will gladly take what they can get.

Go ahead and write your letter--it will be a cathartic experience for you...but I?d bet my last donut that it won't change the situation at Destin Walmart one iota.

P.S. Give them a long, drawn-out sob story how it ruined your vacation and say "I would expect some kind of "good faith" compensation such as a $10 Walmart gift card," and you might just strike paydirt...might as well, there's no point in wasting the 39-cent stamp. ;-)

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
I used to shop at the WM in Destin but have since started going to the DeFuniak one...interesting people there, but I find it's much more relaxing w/o the tourist crowds. The drive is nice and the prices are lower. The first time I went to the deli there a lady named ***** told me all about cutting ham and how it changes the flavor- she made me try everything I was buying in both thin and thick sliced, as well as gave me samples of the cuts that other people were buying! I was pleasantly surprised becaue I've never had very good help in any WM.

The last time I went to the WM in Destin I turned around after seeing the overcrowded parking lot. I feel bad for the people that go there and expect to be in and out.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Snerd said:
I used to shop at the WM in Destin but have since started going to the DeFuniak one...interesting people there, but I find it's much more relaxing w/o the tourist crowds. The drive is nice and the prices are lower. The first time I went to the deli there a lady named Tammy told me all about cutting ham and how it changes the flavor- she made me try everything I was buying in both thin and thick sliced, as well as gave me samples of the cuts that other people were buying! I was pleasantly surprised becaue I've never had very good help in any WM.

The last time I went to the WM in Destin I turned around after seeing the overcrowded parking lot. I feel bad for the people that go there and expect to be in and out.

Tammy was giving away free meat in NORWAL? If you want her to keep her job, you best keep this quiet! :D

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
One thing I have forgotten to mention...

The sweet BBQ boneless chicken in the deli at Wal-Mart is to die for :drool: . When I absolutely have to go to WM, that is my reward.