• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

osubosco

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Tulsa, OK
www.phillipsumner.com
I wanted to re-hash this thread from March. I am going to be spending a week in Seaside starting this Saturday, and I want to be able to post my travel pictures daily in my photo blog.

Other than the center stage area at Seaside, are there any other wi-fi hotspots? Anyone on Savannah Street have a wireless connection they would like to share? :) If I have to go to the the stage area everyday to post, I will. I know my wife likes to go drink wine at that wine place near there that I forget the name of.

Basically, I just wanted to see if there is anything new in the last few months.

Phil

www.indietulsa.com/photo

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
osubosco said:
I wanted to re-hash this thread from March. I am going to be spending a week in Seaside starting this Saturday, and I want to be able to post my travel pictures daily in my photo blog.

Other than the center stage area at Seaside, are there any other wi-fi hotspots? Anyone on Savannah Street have a wireless connection they would like to share? :) If I have to go to the the stage area everyday to post, I will. I know my wife likes to go drink wine at that wine place near there that I forget the name of.

Basically, I just wanted to see if there is anything new in the last few months.

Phil

www.indietulsa.com/photo

I still have my Nikon FM. At the time I bought it used, the FE was like a Cadillac compared to it. :lol:

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
osubosco said:

Phil

www.indietulsa.com/photo
Just be careful. You might want to visit http://www.wi-fi.org/OpenSection/secure.asp and read about security in public places.

Also, no wardriving! I heard that someone in Florida got charged with a felony for using someone else's private wireless network, although I never saw the details in the newspaper. Ironically a police officer in our town routinely parks near the local college and fires up his laptop to use its wireless network.

osubosco

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Tulsa, OK
www.phillipsumner.com
Yeah, I read about that wardriving arrest while I was searching for wi-fi hotspots in Florida. I wouldn't use someone's private network without permission. That's not cool. Now if it's a public network like a library or something...

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
The new Shades restaurant at the eastern end of 30A has free wireless access.

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
Sundog Books in Seaside has an open hotspot that works well sitting at a table on the front porch, or if it is too hot, they have a comfortable computer/reading lounge upstairs. I used it last weekend. There were several laptops going and the signal was just fine.

newyorker

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Somehow, the idea of dragging my laptop around is not really appealing. (yes, yes, I agree, we should come down and relax. But I don't totally relax unless I check my email once a day--and lately things at my college (I'm a dean at an excellent NY liberal arts college) have been tumultuous. So I check--I'm reassured, they're reassured, then all is good).
I love Sundog Books--and indeed, I buy LOTs of books when I come (this independent bookstore is yet one more reason we come all this way--I love being able to have them help me find great summer reading). But I don't want to drag my laptop around looking for signals. I'm staying at a condo in Seagrove--Palms--is there still a good dialup service? (last year some enterprising soul had something--I still have the icon on my laptop. ) We'll be in Seagrove on Sat. yes, I know its "so old". thanks.
Newyorker