• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

patticakes

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2005
Kansas
Would appreciate if all of you keep it in mind to show buyers looking for gulf front condo.

Kurt - Will make sure that my realtor has a link posted to the tour. It certainly helps. Your tours are the best brochure.

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006
I think Dunes of Seagrove gulf front is worth 650k. Look next store at the townhomes still sitting at 695k, they were asking over 1m last year and some closed at 850-900. A little hotelish as well. You asked so I gave my opinion.

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006
Those are what I am referring to. They are around 1200-1400 sf. and actually include land with the purchase.

patticakes

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2005
Kansas
I did ask for opinions and respect yours. But don't think these 2 properties are a fair comparison any more so than comparing DOS to Watersound...

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
pattiw said:
$999,000 and NOT sold. OK you guys - in your honest opinion, what's it going to take?

Am I right to assume that any price under $1 million is less than what was paid for the house last year?

patticakes

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2005
Kansas
Shelly - Unfortunately, yes. We are trying to relocate our primary (possibly to the area) but cannot do so until the condo sells. Would love to stick this out for a few years as I believe the market will bounce back. But for now I'm stuck in Topeka KS. Moved there when my husband took a position at Washburn University 4 years ago - he has since retired. Love the midwest - have lived there all my life. But Topeka is an armpit. I want out! Kids are getting older and hitting that age where big changes will be more difficult the longer this is put off - they are settling in...

Wah!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
pattiw said:
Shelly - Unfortunately, yes. We are trying to relocate our primary (possibly to the area) but cannot do so until the condo sells. Would love to stick this out for a few years as I believe the market will bounce back. But for now I'm stuck in Topeka KS. Moved there when my husband took a position at Washburn University 4 years ago - he has since retired. Love the midwest - have lived there all my life. But Topeka is an armpit. I want out! Kids are getting older and hitting that age where big changes will be more difficult the longer this is put off - they are settling in...

Wah!

So relocating into the SoWal condo isn't an option?

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006
I agree that they aren't comparable but they seem to be of similar value to me. The townhomes are around 20 units per acre and your complex is probably 100. The real value is the land. I hope you get what you want for the property.

patticakes

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2005
Kansas
Shelly - We would likely end up inland a bit. Anywhere in South Walton (we like Bluewater too) where we can have large house on large lot or small acreage. Kids, dogs, cars, motorcycles, home office - too much to fit in a condo. We'd kill each other!