• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Coleen Coffield food critic for Daily News gave Bud and Alleys 2 1/2 stars last week. Daves Hot Dogs review got 3 1/2. What's up with that?

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
She probably just loves weiners.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Bang for the buck seems to be one of her major criteria, and she is tough on the higher end restaurants. She gave Finz about a star and a half a couple weeks back and pretty much said she felt like it had fallen from the Elephant Walk glory days she still remembered fondly and turned into an overpriced tourist trap, and really panned Fish Out of Water when it was working out the kinks when it first opened.

She also seems to compare like to like- the places that want to be four star are compared to Criolla's and the like, while the dives are compared to the Red Bar/Dewey Destin's, and strip mall ethnic is compared to strip mall ethnic.

I think she's a little bit generous with the stars at some of the mid-level places, but when she says a high end place is worth it, it normally is going to be an excellent and memorable meal.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I read the review. It was pretty well right on. what can I say? Love the view at B&A's, but I stay away from the high dollar Seaside Tourist Trap food. If it was really good, I would pay. It is not (never was).

the only place I like at Seaside (not love) is Cafe Spiazza.

can't wait to try the new wine bar though!