• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Just checking and hoping to get an update from KATHY!! Hope that everything is going well toward an October opening!! Some friends are coming down in mid-October and it's on their short list of restaurant choices:clap_1:
Sooo, please if you could update us and also I'd love to make our reservations!!

By the way, in previous post I asked if Bonnie could carry the tuna dip at her place....which she did!!! I got in there a couple of times for some....but then have found myself in a situation I know that you will understand....(taking care of a parent and unable to travel back to Seagrove for now)....so have not been able to enjoy any more of the tuna dip :love: for over a month now....so sorry!!
Hope it is selling well....it should!!!

Hope that the construction, etc. is all working out....having just completed our house less than 3 mos ago I know only too well how challenging the process can be!!

THANKS so much!!
PK

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
SHORT D & K's UPDATE!!!!

Thanks everyone for your patience and ongoing interest. I just got my computer back from the factory. Even the Geek Squad had to send it out!!!

I have a pulled muscle in my right arm from lifting boxes of lighting fixtures. Doug and I are working nonstop. He in the restaurant and me out from sun up to sun down. I'm working every inch of the coast for interesting decor. Going to New Orleans beginning of next week.

We are about 3-4 weeks from opening. Had hoped for September 1, but can't make it. So much has happened during this renovation. It has by far been the hardest we've ever encountered....BUT wait till we're finished! It will truly be a wonderful dining experience.

I promise to go into a longer update tomorrow....right now I'm headed for bed! :yawn:

Kat

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks!

I wanted to stop by and check it out but I was afraid Doug's head might explode. Though I have seen him on the beach at sunset a couple of times slacking off.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
:clap_1: sooooo happy to hear that you are sooooo close to opening!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the update Kathy.....know you are totally exhausted!!
But just knowing you will be there really soon is great....we look forward to your next update when you have time.....and can't wait to make our reservations for Sept and Oct!!! :D

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
D & K's update~~I can't believe this!

I wrote a long update going on and on about all the new changes, and then as I was reviewing it I accidently deleted it :eek:

And YES reservations are highly suggested! We have two telephone lines now 231-0455 and 231-5332. or maybe that's 231-3552...sorry I've got to check that! Fax comng soon.

I'm going back to catch a little more zzzzzz :yawn:

Will rewrite update later. Have a great weekend!

Kat

Fanceenan

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Montgomery
I am so excited to hear D & K's is opening back up!! Every time we go to the beach, we ride by to see if it is finished. I guess, I should have been checking with SoWal! We loved the old casual, but also loved it when you were at the Cafe Tango location. Please post menus and accurate phone #s soon. Thanks for great food!

Doug Shankwiler

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
October...what a wonderful month in South Walton. We look forward to seeing you! Make sure to call for reservations. Already have heard from a ton of people that they will be down in October and are trying to make reservations now. Doug and I want to try to get into July before taking them. I can't even keep up with my cell phone right now. Our living room, kitchen, and breakfast room looks like a construction site. I have floor plans, carpet and tile samples, stain, paint, drawings, catalogs, magazines, etc., all over the place. I know we have a dining table somewhere underneath it all.

We will be open Tuesday through Saturday for dinner. We've downsized from 70 to about 42 seats. Doug will finally get out of that 4x6 space and have a beautiful kitchen....we can't wait to get open. If you would like to be contacted by personal e-mail I will be happy to do so. I have a list of people who want to know first hand when the opening date is, seating times, menu, etc.

Gotta run....time for a movie :popcorn: .

Kathy

Please add us to your notification list. We will be down 8/24-9/5. We'll really miss the casual open air deck. Best place for lunch on 30-A.

Shank

mariemcvay

Beach Comber
Aug 31, 2005
Kathy, we are headed down the 2nd week in September. Will you be open. Had a couple of wonderful meals at D & K's in the past and want to schedule in a dinner one night.

Thanks!