• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
I passed by yesterday and they we're open. They had jury-rigged some decking to get customers into the building. The Crab Trap and Whalestail have also re-opened. As best I can tell Capt. Dave's looks to be still closed.

port albert

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
I am getting concerned about our winter rental in Gulf Trace. We have rented Seashore Getaway West for the month of January, and it is gulf front, with only one house between it and that famous singer's place. From the sounds of things, we may not be able to enjoy January there this winter. We are especially worried, because it is one of the few gulf front properties that will allow us to bring our dog along. Has anyone seen this house, and does it look like it will be one of the condemned units?

PDR

Beach Crab
Jul 28, 2005
Does anyone know the condition of the beach walkway at Legacy in Seagrove Beach?

Thank you for your help.

newyorker

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
We're down here since Saturday, and we're happy to report the beach is gorgeous. When it hasn't rained, the sunsets are glorious as usual, and there are many people enjoying the beach even at night (kids with flashlites running after ghost crabs--a wonderful sight.)

Beach accesses are spotty in Seagrove--we're fortunate that our complex has a completed beach access, but others next door do not yet have one. There is startling beach erosiion since last year--it looks like a huge hand came down the beach gouging out the dunes, leaving a huge wound. The pix I saw do not do it justice. Some property owners are really going to have a hard time--and I know there are no easy answers.

A question--why hasn't Seaside rebuilt anything yet? I must admit to being surprised to see a number of condo complexes with functional accesses, and even some private owners have rebuilt, and yet Seaside has none?
Another question--what is the story on the big fanciful pink house in Seagrove? It has substantial damage to its porches, and it looks like half or more of the foundation was eroded. Rumor on the beach is that it "has to be torn down." Its in an area of substantial beach erosion with a number of houses/complexes built very close to the water.

But all in all--it is still a beautiful, magical place.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
The Wave

An article in our paper today saying that a buoy recorded a 91-ft. wind wave off the coast of Mississippi during Hurricane Ivan. It would have effected the area to the NE most. Because of the nature of the recording, the scientists believe this wave could actually have been up to 132 feet high--- :eek:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Re: The Wave

Donna said:
An article in our paper today saying that a buoy recorded a 91-ft. wind wave off the coast of Mississippi during Hurricane Ivan. It would have effected the area to the NE most. Because of the nature of the recording, the scientists believe this wave could actually have been up to 132 feet high--- :eek:

WHOA...I read that as well and even though it wasn't a "tsunami", all I could think was... there's some surfer somewhere going..."bummer dude, missed that one!" I could have done w/o that scientific report!

Status
Not open for further replies.