• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

afgregory

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2006
My boyfriend and I and another couple are coming down to Grayton for a week at the end of August. I have been lurking on this board trying to get some ideas and I thought you guys might be able to help me out a bit (you seem like fairly nice folks :D . We ideally would have liked to find a 2br 2ba with pool and fairly close to the beach (within 200 yards) but could not find one with a pool so I found this little house and was wondering if anyone "knew it" and had an opinion (favorable/nonfavorable) or if anyone had any better ideas?
I would appreciate any help or advice....
Thanks in advance!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
It's a lovely house. We nearly rented it for Christmas this year before we found out my parents were joining us & we needed more bedrooms. It's on a nice street--the houses on either side of it are gorgeous! And the view is very good. Owners are nice, too. I don't think I'd have any qualms about renting it. Oh, did I mention the Red Bar is really close?

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
afgregory said:
My boyfriend and I and another couple are coming down to Grayton for a week at the end of August. I have been lurking on this board trying to get some ideas and I thought you guys might be able to help me out a bit (you seem like fairly nice folks :D . We ideally would have liked to find a 2br 2ba with pool and fairly close to the beach (within 200 yards) but could not find one with a pool so I found this little house and was wondering if anyone "knew it" and had an opinion (favorable/nonfavorable) or if anyone had any better ideas?
I would appreciate any help or advice....
Thanks in advance!
:welcome: af! That's a great house; saw it when Mermaid showed it to me when she was considering it. We stayed in Grayton for a week last month in half of a duplex; maybe that would work well for you guys (renting the whole duplex). The reason I recommend it is because the location was great. No pool, but unobstructed gulf views and a stone's throw from the Red Bar, no lie. Anyone who knows the place or visited us while we were there can vouch for that.
http://rivardnet.com/rns/search/propertydetail.aspx?ID=102

afgregory

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2006
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the helpful advice. I am looking at the alternatives posted and will make a decison over the weekend, if anyone else has any suggestions. We will definitely be staying in Grayton because one of my good friends lives there so that will help narrow the search down a bit. Also we will only be staying 4 nights so week to week rentals will not work.

Thanks again! Looking forward to it!