• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Biff

Beach Fanatic

Please don't let your children; or your grandparents for that matter take their loaf of wonder bread; disseminate into 100,000,000 pieces, over our families beach area ..... wait until the end of the day like midnight when there are no families on the beach to get pooped on .........................

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
laurawood said:
it is best to put your butts in a ziploc or a beer can and dispose of it upon departure of the beach. Everyone should help keep mother nature happy............ and our beaches beautiful for generations yet to come. Please come check out bogeys........... Defunk, the lakeyard district especially, is beautiful and needs our support. Please keep an eye out for especially talented musical postings in this area soon. lwp

I wasn't referring to those butts :funn: , butt I knew what you were talking about. I do smoke on the beach, and I use a cup with water as an ashtray, then use my baggie from lunch for disposal prior to leaving the beach. 1) you know they are exterminated and 2) by being wrapped up in a baggie helps with the odor which is polite for the person behind you at the garbage.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
15. Smile, make eye contact and say "Hello" or "Good Morning!" when you pass someone while walking on the beach.

Most everyone does this, and a it's a point of pride for me about the area. (the friendliness). But every blue moon someone buzzes by with a scowl, and it puts me out of sorts a bit...til the next friendly face walks by... :clap_1:

melissa

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2005
much too far from Grayton
katie blue said:
15. Smile, make eye contact and say "Hello" or "Good Morning!" when you pass someone while walking on the beach.

Most everyone does this, and a it's a point of pride for me about the area. (the friendliness). But every blue moon someone buzzes by with a scowl, and it puts me out of sorts a bit...til the next friendly face walks by... :clap_1:

Love this rule, KB! :clap_1: What's not to be happy/friendly about when you're walking on the beach?!?!

16. Stay off the dunes!

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Well...there are a few scowlers out there. Here's a story.

There's a lady who most of us Seacresters have passed at one time or another, who has a ...certain kind of pet...she carries around on the beach. And she's infamous for being a bit of a curmudgeon, with her verbal threats and/or angry stares at all people who are walking their dogs on the beach. She tells everyone with dogs "don't you know you're breaking the law, dogs aren't allowed on this beach!". To which we always pleasantly reply "Yes ma'am, she is legal, we are Walton county homeowners and she is permitted." Angry stare ensues. Admittedly, one time she had a point, because Bailey slipped off leash and rushed her (wagging, as always.) But whenever people are in distant sight, we keep her on leash, and within the legal hours.

Funny thing is, the pet she carries around is most likely not permitted, (because there's probably no provision for that kind of pet). And I betcha dollars to donuts it poops. But it's OK, she's just part of the scene, like a crabby old aunt you kind of love anyway. And before long, she's gone and someone else passes, who misses their dog back home and is SO glad to meet Bailey. And they smile. The end.

laurawood

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2006
17. stay out of the way of any large pickup truck, or any car with a ton of stickers. chances are they are a local and are sick of sharing the road with tourists.

" if it's tourist season, why can't we shoot em?"

.only suppose to be funny, dont be offended.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
katie blue said:
Well...there are a few scowlers out there. Here's a story.

There's a lady who most of us Seacresters have passed at one time or another, who has a ...certain kind of pet...she carries around on the beach. And she's infamous for being a bit of a curmudgeon, with her verbal threats and/or angry stares at all people who are walking their dogs on the beach. She tells everyone with dogs "don't you know you're breaking the law, dogs aren't allowed on this beach!". To which we always pleasantly reply "Yes ma'am, she is legal, we are Walton county homeowners and she is permitted." Angry stare ensues. Admittedly, one time she had a point, because Bailey slipped off leash and rushed her (wagging, as always.) But whenever people are in distant sight, we keep her on leash, and within the legal hours.

Funny thing is, the pet she carries around is most likely not permitted, (because there's probably no provision for that kind of pet). And I betcha dollars to donuts it poops. But it's OK, she's just part of the scene, like a crabby old aunt you kind of love anyway. And before long, she's gone and someone else passes, who misses their dog back home and is SO glad to meet Bailey. And they smile. The end.

:shock: Wowza! I am surprised we have missed her. Maybe that's a good thing. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled and happy face on just in case. :D Sounds like she needs to be "SoWal"ed!

TripleB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 15, 2006
Huntsville, AL
18. Do not point and laugh at someone laying out. It really hurt my..uh...it can really
hurt their feelings.

19. If you are a werewolf...stay away from where Mrs. TripleB and Darlene are staying.
Too many "Siver Bullets" flying around

Sheila

SoWal Insider
TripleB said:
18. Do not point and laugh at someone laying out. It really hurt my..uh...it can really
hurt their feelings.

19. If you are a werewolf...stay away from where Mrs. TripleB and Darlene are staying.
Too many "Siver Bullets" flying around

:lolabove: You, so fit in! Where's Darlene been hiding you? :dunno: