• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WJL

Beach Comber
May 31, 2006
www.myspace.com
We have been to shades 8 or 10 times....for a casual dinner, the food is fine and has at times been really good-the only thing that bothers me is that the wait staff has been sketchy at best...maybe it's because Shades is still in a relatively slow traffic area(thank goodness) and the better waiters/waitresses are farther West on 30-a.....it is so close to us we just tolerate it.....things could be worse that an empty water glass.....

skippertoo said:
HI Joe ! :welcome: We also hope all turns out well for the new Shades. We also like that we can get the Taco Mac wings if we get homesick !. We eat almost every Friday night at Va Highlands location.
Would you share the recipe for the Sweet Pepper Vinegarette ?????? PLEASE
They won't give out that recipe. I've tried for years. The guy who used to work there and does the magic tricks (brain freeze - forgot his name) gave us a sketchy recipe:

Combine a two-to-one ratio of sugar to apple cider vinegar and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Then add pepper, garlic salt, and salt to taste. Add enough vegetable oil to have a three-to-one oil to vinegar ratio.

Never could make it taste the same and gave up.

Skippertoo, coincidentally our daughter was at that Taco Mac last Thursday. I've never been - she says we ought to try it. We usually end up at Doc Chey's when we're in that part of town.

julie oates

Beach Comber
Jul 13, 2005
I Agree...the Nachos Are Also Great....and The Wedge Salad...we Ate Their Twice And Had A Great Meal And Great Service Both Times....loved It!!!!