• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
The D&K Cafe in Old Grayton Beach, across from The Red Bar and upstairs. Can't beat the food, the prices, and the ambience. You can sit outside with a nice view of the Gulf and a breeze. Their gumbo, fish salad and fish sandwiches are the best I've had anywhere. We also get a double order of the boiled shrimp for the table. Had my husband's birthday party there and Doug did a great job for our group of 36 people. They are the favorite of all our guests at Grayton and everyone goes home with a D&K tee-shirt. During the off season, open for lunch and weekend nights only. During season, lunch and dinner daily. (D&K stands for Doug and Kathy, the owners.) A great place!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Blue Orleans is now open for dinner with a menu of:
Crawfish Etoffe
Chicken Clemenceau
Crawfish Cakes
Filet de Chackbay
Shrimp and Scallop Kabob
Blackened Grouper
Salads and appetizers of course

Yesterday I had a great breakfast special - 1/2 red beans, 1/2 Jambalaya with 3 eggs (any style) on top. The beignets were very good.

The food, atmosphere, decor, and friendly service is right out of the quarter.

They will be open for dinner from 6pm until 1 am with a reduced item menu for the later hours. Live music from time to time every night.

Breakfast: 7am - 2pm daily
Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10 pm then reduced item menu until 1am

Located in Blue Mountain Beach on the North Side of 30-A in the pbuilding with Richard Lyles Interiors, across the street from "For The Health Of It".

850-622-1909
www.blueorleans.com

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
How's about some OYSTERS on the half shell. You can't beat Hurricanes in Seaside. At least not the last time I was in town. Been a couple of years. Any other place locally that does as good a job and as tasty? :welcome:

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
I've been to the Acme place. Service was extremely slow. Oysters weren't bad, but it took an act of Congress to get them. Plus I wasn't to thrilled with the lacksadaisical attitude of the servers themselves. They were more interested in each other than the customer it seemed. At least the day we visited. It was so bad I got on the computer and emailed my thoughts to the main Acme website. Don't know if it did any good, but at least I felt better. :dunno:

seaside gal

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2005
St.Louis
Donna said:
The D&K Cafe in Old Grayton Beach, across from The Red Bar and upstairs. Can't beat the food, the prices, and the ambience. You can sit outside with a nice view of the Gulf and a breeze. Their gumbo, fish salad and fish sandwiches are the best I've had anywhere. We also get a double order of the boiled shrimp for the table. Had my husband's birthday party there and Doug did a great job for our group of 36 people. They are the favorite of all our guests at Grayton and everyone goes home with a D&K tee-shirt. During the off season, open for lunch and weekend nights only. During season, lunch and dinner daily. (D&K stands for Doug and Kathy, the owners.) A great place!

I agree 100%, can't waite to be there in 12 days and counting :clap_1:

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
KY oyster eater said:
I've been to the Acme place. Service was extremely slow. Oysters weren't bad, but it took an act of Congress to get them. Plus I wasn't to thrilled with the lacksadaisical attitude of the servers themselves. They were more interested in each other than the customer it seemed. At least the day we visited. It was so bad I got on the computer and emailed my thoughts to the main Acme website. Don't know if it did any good, but at least I felt better. :dunno:

I've had that experience, too, but the oysters usually are quite good.

Buster's, which is across from the Silver Sands outlet mall, advertises itself as a local's oyster bar, but I can't recommend them. Indifferent service and oysters that arrived at the table dirty and without ice. Tried again with the same results. Twice bitten, thrice shy. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.