• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Hi everyone-
Here in SoWal this week, the beach looks so good right now! Come on down! Emerald green water as clear as can be and about the color of jade glass. The sand is coming back onto the shore. Yes, the dunes are pretty cut up, but there's enough sea and sand to keep your eyes filled with beauty. I wasn't sure it would be looking so nice only 2 weeks after Dennis. I'm so happy. Lawdie, I love this place.

Seahorse

Beach Comber
Jul 16, 2005
Seagrove-most of the time
katmoo said:
Hi everyone-
Here in SoWal this week, the beach looks so good right now! Come on down! Emerald green water as clear as can be and about the color of jade glass. The sand is coming back onto the shore. Yes, the dunes are pretty cut up, but there's enough sea and sand to keep your eyes filled with beauty. I wasn't sure it would be looking so nice only 2 weeks after Dennis. I'm so happy. Lawdie, I love this place.

Katmoo is so right. We're here too and to me the beach looks the best it has all summer, with the exception of course being the dunes. Tons of new sand, just a little of that grass that Kurt was talking about on another thread and the water is the clearest and greenest I've seen it since almost Feb. Everyone should be here now!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Blue Mountain Beach access today

050728-bmb-054.jpg

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
The anticipation of heading down to Seagrove next Friday is killing me! Glad to hear all is returning to normal since all the storms. What about the local Golf Courses? Did any sustain any major damage? Any help and local knowledge on pricing and the most "bang for my buck" would be extremely helpful. Any web links would be equally welcome. We plan on playing a couple of rounds and hopefully the weather will be conducive to an enjoyable round or three. Great to see a bunch of Louisvillians have the same taste and make Seagrove their vacation spot also. We are from Jeffersontown and can't wait to get all 9 of us down there! Thanks, B.K. :clap_1:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
KY oyster eater said:
The anticipation of heading down to Seagrove next Friday is killing me! Glad to hear all is returning to normal since all the storms. What about the local Golf Courses? Did any sustain any major damage? Any help and local knowledge on pricing and the most "bang for my buck" would be extremely helpful. Any web links would be equally welcome. We plan on playing a couple of rounds and hopefully the weather will be conducive to an enjoyable round or three. Great to see a bunch of Louisvillians have the same taste and make Seagrove their vacation spot also. We are from Jeffersontown and can't wait to get all 9 of us down there! Thanks, B.K. :clap_1:

None of the courses are damaged. There is another thread with some opinions on golf:
http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=691&highlight=golf
Post specific requests on that thread and maybe we can get some more input on it.

And a list of courses here:
http://graytonbeach.com/golf.html

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Hi everyone! This is my first post, although I've been lurking for awhile Kurt!! lol !! We just got home from SoWal last week. (Picked up my sticker too, while I was there). We had a fabulous time on the beaches! Beautiful as always! The water was great! We'll be back at the end of September!! Thanks for all the info, this is a great site. If anyone has any doubts of whether to go or not... I suggest you go!! :cool:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
CastlesOfSand said:
Hi everyone! This is my first post, although I've been lurking for awhile Kurt!! lol !! We just got home from SoWal last week. (Picked up my sticker too, while I was there). We had a fabulous time on the beaches! Beautiful as always! The water was great! We'll be back at the end of September!! Thanks for all the info, this is a great site. If anyone has any doubts of whether to go or not... I suggest you go!! :cool:

:welcome:

What was your favorite thing?

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
That's a tough one!!! Just being on 30-A makes me happy! But.... sitting on Seagrove beach with a cold beverage, watching the waves and listening to them crash was pure heaven! Oh, and toes in the squeaky white sand!! :cool: We enjoyed hunting for shells too! We found some nice ones! This trip we were total beach bums!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
CastlesOfSand said:
That's a tough one!!! Just being on 30-A makes me happy! But.... sitting on Seagrove beach with a cold beverage, watching the waves and listening to them crash was pure heaven! Oh, and toes in the squeaky white sand!! :cool: We enjoyed hunting for shells too! We found some nice ones! This trip we were total beach bums!!

Excellent :bow: