• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
arrived at 8-ish and were shoving off for clockwise by 9am

not much outside, but inside the holes and rips weren't too bad, tide was not right but monkeys abounded on boats and on the rocks

reds in the bay had lockjaw again but a big slow squidspoon broke them, and i parachuted for the first time for big bass and it worked just ok

pinfish rock!

stayed behind by a nice hole the first night down by weakfish and put out 2 with bells on - got woke up in the night when they both rang at once - biggest reds ever!

next dawn was clear and cool, headed outside and joined the procession for snaps, this time trigs were absent and the single gag looked awful pale

got a nice stripe with the parachute that afternoon on the way in the pass, but not much left on him after removing the brown layer

crab island was aflood with twiddles and pool players as we passed quietly by on our way to the northwest honeypots

still after some of redfisher's trout with no success, maybe fishing too deep or something? next time we'll bring the corn!

that night we stayed tied up to some eglin bouy, i had my doubts we'd make it through the night unspotted, but it was uneventful

i left the pinfish rig out and next morning it was bobbing all over the place - a pack of huge foot-long squid had attacked the caught pinfish and had taken about half of half of them - it was like something from jules verne and grossed me out - i threw a swift perfect silverdollar :D over the whole thing - it became a toss-up to freeze fish or bait and fish won, so i made a warning of the rest to the others out there, wherever they were!

intracoastal was as boring as ever, and oily, with a slight whiff of tide about it i didn't like at all

pulled up to the dock from whence we came in one of the most glorious sunsets so we had a juice break and saluted the sea and sky together before pulling out at about 9pm

a very good relaxing trip and looking forward to doing it again soon

i was horribly ribbed for making the trip ouside the wheelhouse to check the rods at a fast walk - what can i say - i love ac!

P.S. sorry for the delay - y'all send us some of that midwest rain - everything's wilting down here - having to put up camo nets over the fish to block off some of the sun so the ponds don't boil or something and we lose the crop :bang:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap_1: ....I love your report ab!!! Especially about the reds having LOCKJAW!!! Guess what arrived here yesterday? About 30 lbs. of Alaskan salmon from the fishing trip my family took last week!!!!

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
crab island was aflood with twiddles and pool players as we passed quietly by on our way to the northwest honeypots

Nice thorough report AB but what are twiddles?

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
the twiddles are the ones that aren't playing pool!

:blink:

just think about crab island on a sunny hot summer afternoon and you'll figure it out pretty quickly

the ones that weren't passed out already

and there's nothing like your hand over the kid's eyes to make them want to look even more

that's about as delicate as i can put it without taking it to the lounge

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Sueshore said:
:clap_1: ....I love your report ab!!! Especially about the reds having LOCKJAW!!! Guess what arrived here yesterday? About 30 lbs. of Alaskan salmon from the fishing trip my family took last week!!!!
Hear that sound? That's my car door slamming--I'm on my way!
Great trip report, AB!