• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

laurawood

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2006
america has a lot of work to do to educate&protect the younger generation. Parents--- denial is NOT a beautiful thing. communication & acceptance ARE however.

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
While I ask this same question here several weeks ago, I found I didn't need any of the suggestions for my group. I had three 19 year old girls, my 22 year old son, and two 22 year old girls for a few days. I was concerned what the "kids" would do in the evenings. Well, they never left the house at night other than to go out to dinner with my husband and I! After dinner we all watched Season 1 of West Wing on DVD that my son brought with us! My husband has been watching the last year or two, but has never seen the earlier episodes in order; only in reruns every now and then. We would have dessert, curl up on the sofa and chairs (Ok, my husband ended up on the floor several nights as the kids called dibs on the furniture :rotfl: ) and watch usually 3 episodes a night. All the kids, and adults were very happy just chillin. Usually, one or two of us would fall asleep for a bit while watching, but we all had a great time.

I was surprised my son and his friends didn't hit the bars at night, but they were really content sitting around with us. Of course, we paid for everything and they didn't have to spend their money on beers :lol: We did do something really tacky-the night we went to The Red Bar we knew there would be a long wait; when is ther not a wait? We took our soft sided cooler filled with Corona Beers and lime, along with a large bag of goldfish and chips, and had out own little party outside while we waited! While the kids a first thought we were cheap, they realized that they hadn't spent a dime. :clap_1: It really was fun and the kids enjoyed!!

I think haven't dvd's works for the kids no matter if they are 2 or 20. I know my kids like to watch the same dvd over and over; after a day at the beach it is nice just to sit and relax!

While step said she told the kids they couldn't hang in bars and not drink-maybe she was concerned that her kids would drink while there so she was trying to avoid them hanging around a bar. Of course by telling them they can't be at the bars doesn't mean they won't try anyway.

Biff

Beach Fanatic
Nothing like FAMILY time... Kudos pokey!!!!!!!!!! ;-) ;-)

pokey said:
While I ask this same question here several weeks ago, I found I didn't need any of the suggestions for my group. I had three 19 year old girls, my 22 year old son, and two 22 year old girls for a few days. I was concerned what the "kids" would do in the evenings. Well, they never left the house at night other than to go out to dinner with my husband and I! After dinner we all watched Season 1 of West Wing on DVD that my son brought with us! My husband has been watching the last year or two, but has never seen the earlier episodes in order; only in reruns every now and then. We would have dessert, curl up on the sofa and chairs (Ok, my husband ended up on the floor several nights as the kids called dibs on the furniture :rotfl: ) and watch usually 3 episodes a night. All the kids, and adults were very happy just chillin. Usually, one or two of us would fall asleep for a bit while watching, but we all had a great time.

I was surprised my son and his friends didn't hit the bars at night, but they were really content sitting around with us. Of course, we paid for everything and they didn't have to spend their money on beers :lol: We did do something really tacky-the night we went to The Red Bar we knew there would be a long wait; when is ther not a wait? We took our soft sided cooler filled with Corona Beers and lime, along with a large bag of goldfish and chips, and had out own little party outside while we waited! While the kids a first thought we were cheap, they realized that they hadn't spent a dime. :clap_1: It really was fun and the kids enjoyed!!

I think haven't dvd's works for the kids no matter if they are 2 or 20. I know my kids like to watch the same dvd over and over; after a day at the beach it is nice just to sit and relax!

While step said she told the kids they couldn't hang in bars and not drink-maybe she was concerned that her kids would drink while there so she was trying to avoid them hanging around a bar. Of course by telling them they can't be at the bars doesn't mean they won't try anyway.