• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
A friend just called to tell me about this music festival being held somewhere near Tallahassee in November. He told me Dread Clampitt AND the Drive By Truckers would be playing this event, along with Tishamingo and a bunch of others. He said it was on some farm about 20 miles north of Tallahassee.

Anyone ever heard of this festival and know any details?

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Thanks. I don't see DBT listed, but the guy I talked to swore they were on the bill. Maybe they have just been added and they haven't updated the site yet.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
JB, I can't say enough good things about this fest. Great location dripping with spanish moss, great music onstage and at the campsites, and the camping itself is ideal: shady, FLAT pine forests with soft ground, hot showers available. Nice people running the event. We played it last year and are lined up for this year too. This time we're going to stay and camp both nights, because it was magical. We met lots of great people.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
YES! My info was correct. It is official. Drive By Truckers will be headlining this festival.

Only problem for me is this is the weekend of the Alabama/LSU game. DBT plays Friday night, so I won't have to miss them, but I would like to stay for the whole weekend.

Anyone know of a watering hole nearby that might televise the game?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
JB said:
YES! My info was correct. It is official. Drive By Truckers will be headlining this festival.

Only problem for me is this is the weekend of the Alabama/LSU game. DBT plays Friday night, so I won't have to miss them, but I would like to stay for the whole weekend.

Anyone know of a watering hole nearby that might televise the game?

Where will you stay? If a motel you will be able to watch it there.

It is real close to Quincy and Havana which should have a bar or 2.

Just now, I happened to be looking at the website and listening to Tishamingo on their site also. It will be a great event.

Wake Forest is playing FSU in Tally that Saturday.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
kurt said:
Where will you stay? If a motel you will be able to watch it there.

It is real close to Quincy and Havana which should have a bar or 2.

Just now, I happened to be looking at the website and listening to Tishamingo on their site also. It will be a great event.

Wake Forest is playing FSU in Tally that Saturday.

We'll camp at the festival. I have a buddy with all the gear one would ever need, plus a really cool VW Bus/hippiemobile.

If there are RV's at the festival, someone will likely have the game on Satellite.

Hopefully, we can spend Sunday at the beach somewhere and head back on Monday.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
JB said:
We'll camp at the festival. I have a buddy with all the gear one would ever need, plus a really cool VW Bus/hippiemobile.

If there are RV's at the festival, someone will likely have the game on Satellite.

Hopefully, we can spend Sunday at the beach somewhere and head back on Monday.

Sounds good. I don't know if I'll camp or room it. It will depend on what time our game is.

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
I had such a great time at DOTF last year...Can't wait for November! :clap_1:

DownontheFFFarm071.jpg

CopyofDownontheFFFarm018.jpg

DownontheFFFarm068.jpg