• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Aug. 3 here in Hillsborough County. In Florida, it's all about getting ready for the FCAT (standardized test). That's why they start so early. Plus it's not like any locals are enjoying the beach.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Kids in New York usually start right after Labor Day, but they end much later than the Southern chillies. Hope they have good A/C systems in the Southern schools.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Sueshore said:
MS goes back to Mizzou on Friday, August 18. School starts on the 22nd.

sarafunn MOVES to Austin for grad school on Sunday, August 20. Her orientation starts the 22nd.

Miss Kitty's Skool of Etiquette starts October 1st in SoWal.

I willl have no chillren in Dallas for the first time in 24 years.

:rotfl: Sign me up! I loved my "orientation" back on July 7!!

flowergirl40pc

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2006
Panama City Beach
InletBchDweller said:
Little IBD goes to St. Bernadette on PCB, she starts this WED!!!!:eek: August 2

Yep, think all BayCo schools start back this Wed. the 2nd, so I hear

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Johnrudy said:
It's unbelievable that some of these Sowaller's schools start back so soon!! Like in a day or 2!!!! At least our kids have another couple weeks of summer! :D

All the better to score a deal on a place in Sowal in August before our kids go back to school (in our dreams, huh? Up for a road trip? )

DreamnOfFL

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
East TN
Some of the schools in my area started back July 27th! Thank goodness I homeschool my kids. Otherwise they wouldn't have a summer. That is just WAAAAY to soon to go back. What kind of summer break is that?

Stormie

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
:welcome: :welcome: DreamofFl. I saw your first post yesterday. Glad you came out of Lurkdom...;-)
DreamnOfFL said:
Some of the schools in my area started back July 27th! Thank goodness I homeschool my kids. Otherwise they wouldn't have a summer. That is just WAAAAY to soon to go back. What kind of summer break is that?

Stormie

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
Sueshore said:
MS goes back to Mizzou on Friday, August 18. School starts on the 22nd.

sarafunn MOVES to Austin for grad school on Sunday, August 20. Her orientation starts the 22nd.

Miss Kitty's Skool of Etiquette starts October 1st in SoWal.

I willl have no chillren in Dallas for the first time in 24 years.

I have empty nest too. I am going to start volunter work again. Wish I could attendd Ms Kitty's School in Sowal. Bet it's FUNN!

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
DreamnOfFL said:

Stormie

That's horrible. I used to love summer vacations when I was a kid. It just keep getting shorter. My niece homeschools her kids as well, lots of work.

...and :welcome: