• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mauricepatti

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2005
we are leaving for seagrove beach next sat. have been going there for at least 9 yrs. in a row. i was wondering about the fairly new Old Florida Fish House restaurant. I know over the years that place has changed hands numerous times, and we have tried them all!!

Anyone been there and how would you rate it. We usually go out to dinner only once during the entire week (little kids, etc), and was looking for maybe something different.

Thanks!

skippertoo

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
Atlanta (Midtown)
As you see, yes it is about 50/50. If you are only eating out one time then I would make sure it is somewhere you really are fired up about trying.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Like so many other places in the area (or restaurants anywhere for that matter), if you are going with young kids, go EARLY.

We went to OFFH in mid-May and took our 11-month-old. Problem was, we didn't get there until almost 8 p.m. It was a disaster. The food and service were decent, but the place was packed and really loud - much too loud for a toddler who is already close to bedtime and fussy to begin with.

Horrible evening. He got his leg stuck in the high chair and it took three of us to un-wedge it. Later, he fell off the changing table in the restroom and smacked his head on the floor. Just a bad night all around.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
JB said:
Like so many other places in the area (or restaurants anywhere for that matter), if you are going with young kids, go EARLY.

We went to OFFH in mid-May and took our 11-month-old. Problem was, we didn't get there until almost 8 p.m. It was a disaster. The food and service were decent, but the place was packed and really loud - much too loud for a toddler who is already close to bedtime and fussy to begin with.

Horrible evening. He got his leg stuck in the high chair and it took three of us to un-wedge it. Later, he fell off the changing table in the restroom and smacked his head on the floor. Just a bad night all around.

Poor thing! :eek:

WJL

Beach Comber
May 31, 2006
www.myspace.com
We tried the Fish House in mid-July and is was marginal- the did have fish and is was from Florida, but I think it was old too......service was indifferent, we may give them another chance....not sure

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
It's one of my "local" places, since it's close to where I live near Eastern Lake. OFFH is big, and it's loud and crowded during the summer vacation season. The menu has some good items, but it doesn't satisfy my hankering for "old-fashioned" seafood the way that Seagrove Market, Boondocks, Dusty's, or Harbor Docks can. All the comments about inconsistent service are dead on. I go there because it's convenient, but not on Friday night (when the band cranks up in the bar) and not at 7:30. Go early or late.

The guys who work the sushi bar are the best thing there. They take good care of you and the sushi is good, too.

If they ever get the new deck going, it has a great view of Eastern Lake, not to mention it should be quieter.

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
TreeFrog said:
It's one of my "local" places, since it's close to where I live near Eastern Lake. OFFH is big, and it's loud and crowded during the summer vacation season. The menu has some good items, but it doesn't satisfy my hankering for "old-fashioned" seafood the way that Seagrove Market, Boondocks, Dusty's, or Harbor Docks can. All the comments about inconsistent service are dead on. I go there because it's convenient, but not on Friday night (when the band cranks up in the bar) and not at 7:30. Go early or late.

The guys who work the sushi bar are the best thing there. They take good care of you and the sushi is good, too.

If they ever get the new deck going, it has a great view of Eastern Lake, not to mention it should be quieter.
you just said the magic word.