• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
One guy spoke up and complained that he couldn't keep up with any news or official info, and did the county know of, or have a website for that sort of thing. :lol:

Do you think he saw the SoWal.com sticker on the exit door of the Court House? :rotfl:

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Thanks to Kurt for your vision, to Smiling JOe for your wisdom, and to all of you who petitioned the powers in writing and in person. You all are my HEROES :love:

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
katmoo said:
Thanks to Kurt for your vision, to Smiling JOe for your wisdom, and to all of you who petitioned the powers in writing and in person. You all are HEROES :love:
I thought I was the cute one? :dunno:

On a side note, for all of you who sent emails to the Commissioners, I think it would be in order for you to write them again and thank them for passing Larry Jones' motion regarding beach sand. As Celeste Cobina (I think) stated at the meeting, we should be raising our standards, not lowering them. Encourage them to continue to raise standards in all of Walton County. I also encourage a special email to Commissioner Cindy Meadows, thanking her once again for listening and taking action, even if it is going against the grain of the remainder of the Board. She is a brave soul, and I am glad that I voted for her. Thanks Cindy!

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
Just sent emails to all commissioners thanking them for passing the motion Larry Jones proposed regarding beach sand color. The power of the people is a beautiful thing.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Thanks to all the locals and others able to attend this meeting and to SJ and Kurt for getting us the scoop on the meeting. This board is great!!!!! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

As others have stated, I am very glad to hear that the commissioners have agreed to remove the dirt at the BMB access, raise the bar/standard on replacement sand, but would like to know if the commission gave any indication who and how they are going to insure that this "new" standard and policy is going to be reviewed and enforced. It appears that they did not admit any wrong doing but that they indicated that "they (the commissioners) only set the policy, and the Code Enforecment and County Engineer is in charge of administering the policies".

Since the commissioners only set them and don't enforce them and noone seemed to enforce the other standards communicated in the July 21st report, who is going to make sure that the Code Enforcement and County Engineer adheres/complies with these new policies? Did the commissioners outline the procedure, process, and who is going to make sure that the engineers will adhere? Is there any penalty of the "policy" is not adhered to?

Hopefully they discussed and communicated how this new policy was going to be enforced so this has no way of happening again. :bang:

Any info on this would be great. Again, thanks for being the eyes, ears and voices for all of us "remote locals". :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
wetwilly said:
...Since the commissioners only set them and don't enforce them and noone seemed to enforce the other standards communicated in the July 21st report, who is going to make sure that the Code Enforcement and County Engineer adheres/complies with these new policies? Did the commissioners outline the procedure, process, and who is going to make sure that the engineers will adhere? Is there any penalty of the "policy" is not adhered to?

Hopefully they discussed and communicated how this new policy was going to be enforced so this has no way of happening again. :bang: ...
There in lies the problem. I guess me and my shovels may have to make a statement. The County Engineer, I forget his name, stood up and accepted all responsibility for the dirt being placed at the public access to Blue Mtn at CR(County Road) 83. I heard someone in the audience calling for his job. The duty of checking the sand against the chart is left to the very people who let it slide the first time. I have little faith that they will see to it that all of that dirt below the 6.2 on the Munsell Scale that was illegally dumped, will get hauled off. That is why my shovel and bucket are ready for action. I know this is not the end of it, only the begining. I think I am ready for a massage from For the Health of It. I have an extra shovel and plenty of 5 gal buckets if anyone is interested. Now where can we put all of that dirt???

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
"Now where can we put all of that dirt???" We could bury the person that allows this to happen again?? Just a thought and I'm sure SJ and others already thought about that one. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

There should be a smily that depicts someone beinig buried in dirt.... :nono1:

Status
Not open for further replies.