• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
shakennotstirred said:
Mozzarella Cheese Filling:
2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
4 ounces fresh soft Mozzarella Cheese

2 tablespoon chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pine nuts on a baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes or until a light golden brown. In a bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

These recipes sound yummy! Thanks for posting. Question on the Mozzarella Cheese Filling - is it 1 or 2 tsps of pine nuts?

You can never have too many pine nuts. I rob my kids' piggy banks for pine nuts!!:love:

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Linda, I make the same tomatoes, but sometimes use mayo, chopped green onion and crumbled bacon for filling. Everyone loves the little BLTs.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
lindabobhat said:
For a refreshing summertime appetizer, fill bite-size cherry tomatoes, round or pear shaped, with a mixture of savory fillings.

24 cherry tomatoes (can use a mixture of red and yellow tomatoes)
Yum! I'm crazy for goat cheese--I think this may be it!

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
Not quite so fancy, but VERY quick.. mix together chilled cocktail sauce and a package of those tiny salad shrimp, then pour over a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers. About 2 minutes prep time, which makes it very easy to make more!

tamara

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2004
Goodlettsville, TN
2 can black-eyed peas drained

1 can shoe peg corn

1 green pepper

1 can of of rotel with diced green chilis

1 package of good seasons Italian dressing (the one who make in the bottle with oil and vinegar)

This is so simple and everywhere I take it people die for the recipe. If for a big group you can easily double.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
A little variation of Tamara's recipe.

Texas Caviar

11 oz can white shoe peg corn (drained)
15 oz can black eye peas (drained)
4 green onions (chopped)
1/2 red onion (diced)
15 oz can diced tomatoes and jalapenos (drained)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
8 oz bottle of Italian dressing

Mix everything the night before. This can really be eaten with just about anything. Use it as a dip with tortilla chips, or as a side salad.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
shakennotstirred said:
Mozzarella Cheese Filling:
2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
4 ounces fresh soft Mozzarella Cheese

2 tablespoon chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pine nuts on a baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes or until a light golden brown. In a bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

These recipes sound yummy! Thanks for posting. Question on the Mozzarella Cheese Filling - is it 1 or 2 tsps of pine nuts?

Wow, good catch - have to admit I haven't made these before, the recipe came up when I googled "refreshing appetizer." :dunno:

But I'm with Jdarg - what's a few extra pine nuts among friends - more is better.

And Sea Star, they did have a bacon filling recipe as well - it just didn't seem as refreshing so I omitted it. But I bet it's yummy too!

So glad Peapod likes this idea (among others!) I'll have to try making them myself soon!