• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Diane4145 said:
I've dated a VERY successful Auctioneer,( another story...:blink: won't bore ya) that works all over. He's known for his audience participations and that's the biggest advantage, in my opinion! He can pull money, out of a rabbitt's ****!:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: Anyone interested, PM me.:D

Now that is an auction which I would like to see. :popcorn:

Spencer

Beach Lover
Mar 27, 2006
I've never held an auction, just going by what others have said. I too would be suprised if auctions averaged that many bidders.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I have a friend who recently scored a new 2/2 townhome on 30A for under $200K at auction. :eek::lol: It seemed the bank wanted some money from the developer, so, he auctioned off a few units. I found out in hindsight, otherwise that bidder would have been wearing my nametag. A great score for the buyer. ;-)

mark pale

Beach Comber
Jun 28, 2006
Auctions are fantastic for a buyer in a down market, and excellent for sellers in a hot market. The absolute best time to buy is when its a buyers market, which is right now - and dont buy anything when its a sellers market. The interesting thing about this market is buyers are so skeptical and sellers are so nervous its pushing the prices down below what the equilibrium price should be. In other words - NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY! Its working for me, I bought 2 properties this year at auction and have done very well on both of them. I am not a realitor nor did I use a realitor when I turned around and sold them both.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mark pale, not all auctions are great for buyers right now. Many sellers are not selling absolute, and have a substantial minimum. From what I see in auctions today, the majority of properties held at auction, are not selling at auction. I will be curious to see how much one particular property, being sold absolute auction this week, brings. We had it under contract last year for $5M+. Had the seller placed a little more realistic price on the mobile home to begin with, perhaps we would have went to close.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Spencer said:
I've never held an auction, just going by what others have said. I too would be suprised if auctions averaged that many bidders.

I've been to numerous auctions of Jack Granger's, with Granger Thagard Auctioneers Birmingham, AL. You wouldn't believe, the turnouts!:eek: I'm certain that it's due to the advertising (lots) and their impecible reputation! And yes, he's the one that I dated!;-) In his business, he knows what he's doin', draws the crowd in & gets them to participate and is VERY successfull at it! Commercial, Residential, Farms/Equipment, Liquidations, Charities, he does it all and everywhere! :razz:

http://www.gtauction.com

clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
jack_sm.JPG

Jack F. Granger, AL# 873, CAI

President

Spencer

Beach Lover
Mar 27, 2006
Smiling Joe, I assume that you're talking about the acreage in Freeport. I'll be there as well.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
OnMackBayou said:
I understand the % on the back end is paid by buyer. I guess what I should have said is this is a good deal for auctioneers, buyers and advertisers.

So one could say that it is an "Auctioneers, Buyers and Advertisers Market."