• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap_1: ...oh happy day! Didn't Kathy say they might make gumbo?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just finished eating lunch at Beach Eats and discovered that the owners are neighbors of mine. :D It was difficult to make a decision on what to eat because it all looked great.

Kurt, you need to get your booty over there with some more stickers.

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
A group of us stopped in for lunch to go yesterday. The friendly counter gal told us they had just made the pulled pork and recommended the sandwiches. Wow!

A HUGE fresh sandwich that was delicious!And for $4.95!! Big enough for two gulls to share...delish! Very reasonable pricing all around. Kids had the very good hotdogs for $1.50 each! And we got four free plums...

Looked like the sides were excellent, too. No seating except a couple picnic tables at the end of the building. Let's keep them in business!

Lots of sowal stickers,even on the trash can :funn:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:clap_1: ...oh happy day! Didn't Kathy say they might make gumbo?

Hi everyone it's Kathy from D & K's....Bonnie's place is on the corner where her picnic tables are with blue umbrellas. Two pots of hiabiscus on each side of the walkway to the tables. Her little Paradise Cafe is inside the Grayton General Store and YES she does have Gumbo...by the cup, bowl, pint, quart.:drool: All of our original croissant sandwiches follow me way back (1987) to when I catered business lunches in the big city:eek: with chicken or shrimp salad croissants, mini muffins, and fruit salad. I then talked Doug into putting them on the menu at our cafe in Cocoa Beach in the early 90's. They were a hit. Of course he spiced the salads up a bit! I also started making 25 different kinds of mini muffins which was a big hit at our old D&K's by Snapperheads. Our lunch menu has been handed down to our daughter Bonnie, as she has cooked and waited with us since she was 16! And she even has her own secret goodies that she makes for you. She used to help me do picnic baskets out of the old & missed Patrones, where canoes were rented for the day with a basket full of of great lunches. So we have a lot of experience with eat in, out, on the go, and take home to the family.

I'll get her to send in to SoWol her menu. Being the proud Mom I had to let everyone know where the gumbo was!!!!

Hope to see you all soon!

K :chill:

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
I stopped at Beach Eats in Grayton for lunch today. Had their grilled Cuban and it's AMAZING! It could be shared for two with smaller appetites or definitely satisfies one hearty one (unfortunately I fell into the latter category today :roll: ). With a bag of chips, it came to $7.95 or so - definitely reasonable! You can also buy Boar's Head meats by the pound FYI - and their prices are on par with Publix.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I stopped at Beach Eats in Grayton for lunch today. Had their grilled Cuban and it's AMAZING! It could be shared for two with smaller appetites or definitely satisfies one hearty one (unfortunately I fell into the latter category today :roll: ). With a bag of chips, it came to $7.95 or so - definitely reasonable! You can also buy Boar's Head meats by the pound FYI - and their prices are on par with Publix.

On Saturday they were giving away a free jar of Boar's Head mustard with the purchase of 1lb of Boar's Head meat. You can't beat that!:clap_1:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hi everyone it's Kathy from D & K's....Bonnie's place is on the corner where her picnic tables are with blue umbrellas. Two pots of hiabiscus on each side of the walkway to the tables. Her little Paradise Cafe is inside the Grayton General Store and YES she does have Gumbo...by the cup, bowl, pint, quart.:drool: All of our original croissant sandwiches follow me way back (1987) to when I catered business lunches in the big city:eek: with chicken or shrimp salad croissants, mini muffins, and fruit salad. I then talked Doug into putting them on the menu at our cafe in Cocoa Beach in the early 90's. They were a hit. Of course he spiced the salads up a bit! I also started making 25 different kinds of mini muffins which was a big hit at our old D&K's by Snapperheads. Our lunch menu has been handed down to our daughter Bonnie, as she has cooked and waited with us since she was 16! And she even has her own secret goodies that she makes for you. She used to help me do picnic baskets out of the old & missed Patrones, where canoes were rented for the day with a basket full of of great lunches. So we have a lot of experience with eat in, out, on the go, and take home to the family.

I'll get her to send in to SoWol her menu. Being the proud Mom I had to let everyone know where the gumbo was!!!!

Hope to see you all soon!

K

Proud Mom - let's do some business and we'll help her out here!