• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
potatovixen said:
Wow... I grew up with the knowledge that my family and the people who lived around us were considered "rednecks." But to us, it never meant anything bad. I know Jeff Foxworthy is kind of an obvious example here, but his definition most closely fits the one I've always known: "People with a glorious lack of sophistication."
rednecks are just good people doing their best to get by on what they have.
Count me in!!!!:lolabove:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
My husband said the redneck referred to farmers as their necks were red from working out in the fields all day. And his grandfather was one of them that was out from morning until night. Now some of the less desirable looking people that are seen about here are referred to as rednecks. They do have a certain look to them.

People would probably call these two old timers from the mountains rednecks probably! These two are having a discussion over the property line. Hee Hee!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Well, I must be one of the "less desirable looking people" because I am as redneck as they come and I damn proud of it!!!!!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
kathydwells said:
Well, I must be one of the "less desirable looking people" because I am as redneck as they come and I damn proud of it!!!!!

:dunno: You obviously think I am referring to you! Well, I have no clue what you look like and I am referring to some that I see around here in certain areas of Memphis, not you! Some that I see around here, you wonder if they ever went to school or made it out of school if they did! You are educated as well as I am, so this doesn't describe either one of us!

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Oldtimer said:
Yes, the word "redneck" has many meanings, some not so flattering and some that are just the plain ole truth! I am educated and well traveled, but I consider myself to be a "redneck" in many, many ways...not in a bad way at all.
Oldtimer, you give rednecks everywhere a good name! :clap_1:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
me, age 11

deliv01-1.jpg

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
Let them call us what they will. Maybe the snobs will stay in the real Riveria.
Sowal is best kept to the people who appreciate it, rednecks or not. :D

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
Cheering472 said:
Let them call us what they will. Maybe the snobs will stay in the real Riveria.
Sowal is best kept to the people who appreciate it, rednecks or not. :D

AMEN! I remember years ago when I said I was going to the ocean (panhandle), and was told it's not really the ocean, it's just the gulf. :dunno: Well, I guess technically it's not, but I will take it over the Atlantic Ocean any day. :clap_1: