• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sueshore said:
How about printing some tags and attaching them to items you see left on the beach? I will leave it up to you what the tags would say. I imagine we could all come up with something educational and insulting at the same time!

I like the idea, but I fear the tags will be left littering the beach when they are ripped off.

Beach Crazy

cracker
Aug 19, 2005
Arkansas
Smiling JOe said:
.... string with anchors holding it in place. How would you like to be a turtle, on land, tangled up in crap or stuck in a big-@ss hole?

So, my objections are not based on the looks of the crap, but rather, they are based on the effects the crap has on the environment and the people.

Good point JOe. You can add to the above statement:

Not to mention the turtles are trying to get up there and lay their eggs. How would you like it if you were 9 months pregnant with sextuplets and once you got to the hospital somebody had left a pile of crap in front of the emergency room door and you were crossing your legs trying to hold the babies in while crawling over the barricade of crap!:eek:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
I like the idea, but I fear the tags will be left littering the beach when they are ripped off.

BAMM...I KNEW you were going to say that!!! :D

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
On Stickers instead:

Here you left your crap to sleep
I pray the Lord it'll be mine to keep
If it's not gone before I wake
I'm telling you now it's mine to take :funn:

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
I had some pictures of half-broken tent poles sticking up from the sand. They break and rust at the top. The break is not smooth - good old jagged, rusty edges. I'll look in the other computer and post the pictures if I find them. As SJ said, it's not the fact that these tents, holes and such are eyesores, it's that they are DANGEROUS. Imagine a family playing frisbee and the child runs into one of these tent stumps. Yikes.

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
Bobby J said:
I blame Walmart for selling this junk soooo cheap! :lol:

Blame yourself for allowing your government to lie with dogs and happily accept low-cost goods made by child slaves in China and other places that squash human rights in the name of our greed.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Beach Crazy said:
How would you like it if you were 9 months pregnant with sextuplets and once you got to the hospital somebody had left a pile of crap in front of the emergency room door and you were crossing your legs trying to hold the babies in while crawling over the barricade of crap!:eek:
BC, when did I tell you about that? Can't you keep a secret?!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
steele mama said:
Yesterday afternoon I finally took some time to go to the beach at Grayton. Not so many people down there but couldn't find a place to park the beverly hillbilly beach buggy because of all the "crap on the beach". I will not complain because I am thankful I can drive my crap to the beach every day.

very good point steele mama, and I can relate... thanks for this post!

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
Last night at Grayton Beach I saw several lime green tags on abandoned tents, etc. They were apparently placed by the "Turtle Police" and explained that they were dangering turtles and would be removed by a certain date. Great first step; keep it up.