• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
We used Kurt Schmidt Enterprises out of Panama City and were satisfied with their equipment and installation. Our shutters are the aluminum roll-down style, equipped with electric operators.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
Whatever you do...DO NOT use any affiliate of Crystal Shutters. Bad, bad experience.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
If you have a do-it-yourselfer who can do the labor for you, Lowe's in Panama City and Destin carries "Stormlocs" that are easily installed. Our condo association is recommending them.

According to the description "Stormlocs storm panels provide maximum storm protection at the most economical price. This Code-Approved system is ideal for residential, multi-family, and commercial applications. Manufactured from High-Grade aluminum. Available in mill finish or white painted finish. Polycarbonate, clear storm panels will not shatter, rust, or corrode and allow light to pass through. StormLocs protect against hurricanes, tropical storms, wind-borne debris and vandalism."

Last edited by a moderator:
We used a product called Fabric Shield by Wayne Dalton. (www.waynedalton.com/Fabric-Shield.asp) We have been pleased with the product. Jimmy @ 850-785-3636 did all of our measurments, ordered the fabric shields and hardware and I installed. So far we have been happy. They are light weight, Miami Dade rated, and easy to store.

Curtis

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Wood shutters from Good Millwork on 98 with heavy-duty stainless slide bolts to close. They make them from 1" thick Spanish cedar, so they meet Miami-Dade code. Very nice workmanship.

Yeah, I know, it's far from the cheapest solution. But they don't require climbing up to the 2nd and 3rd stories to install, just open the window and swing them shut and latch.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
southof30A said:
We used Kurt Schmidt Enterprises out of Panama City and were satisfied with their equipment and installation. Our shutters are the aluminum roll-down style, equipped with electric operators.
Have some schnitzl ready if Kurt himself comes. He's a great guy and a hoot!!!!

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
Curtis said:
We used a product called Fabric Shield by Wayne Dalton. (www.waynedalton.com/Fabric-Shield.asp) We have been pleased with the product. Jimmy @ 850-785-3636 did all of our measurments, ordered the fabric shields and hardware and I installed. So far we have been happy. They are light weight, Miami Dade rated, and easy to store.

Curtis

I like this alternative. Do you know how it compares in cost to other types of shutters?