• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I bet they were happy that someone called the Man. Do you think they hooked onto a big shark that dragged them out to sea with the thoughts of turning over the boat and eating them?

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Anybody been to Dustys' lately?

of course...was just there last week. the long-haired oyster shuckin' champ behind the bar is still shuckin', the waitresses still have sass and a heart of gold, the wampus bread still kicks, the .38 Special is still on the jukebox. mhmmmmm, goodtimes.

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
jdarg said:
Have a blast Ky Oyster Eater- no matter what the weather- and when you return, look for my SoWal sticker in your neighborhood- we are in J'town 3 days/ week for my son's kempo classes. Don't forget to get a sticker so we can honk at each other!

BTW- the oyster eaters in our group spent quite a bit of time at Hurricane's this year. Very brave, eating oysters outside when it is like 98 degrees and the air was not moving much. Of course a few cocktails helped. :cool:
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm not worried about a little rain here and there while we are there, it's just that we'll have 5 kids to entertain more than usual. I personally like overcast. Especially golfing. Now for the beach, sunny is fine. But we have no control over what mother nature dictates so what the hay! Thanks for the tip on Hurricanes, did they have the girls Hula Hoopin' for drinks? It is a fun little spot and the Appalachacola Oysters are delicious to me no matter what the temperature is. Have Tabasco sauce, a saltine and a cold bi-valve and I'm a happy camper. Where did you get your SoWal sticker. I want one. :lol:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
KY oyster eater said:
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm not worried about a little rain here and there while we are there, it's just that we'll have 5 kids to entertain more than usual. I personally like overcast. Especially golfing. Now for the beach, sunny is fine. But we have no control over what mother nature dictates so what the hay! Thanks for the tip on Hurricanes, did they have the girls Hula Hoopin' for drinks? It is a fun little spot and the Appalachacola Oysters are delicious to me no matter what the temperature is. Have Tabasco sauce, a saltine and a cold bi-valve and I'm a happy camper. Where did you get your SoWal sticker. I want one. :lol:

At Grayton Market, although a week ago Friday, my husband snagged the last one. Hope they have been restocked! I know I have seen sticker locations somewhere on this site...help me out here higher powers

Don't know about the hula hooping girls- my friends didn't mention them, although they were only there at lunchtime, so maybe the hula hooping is a dinner thing.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jdarg said:
At Grayton Market, although a week ago Friday, my husband snagged the last one. Hope they have been restocked! I know I have seen sticker locations somewhere on this site...help me out here higher powers

Don't know about the hula hooping girls- my friends didn't mention them, although they were only there at lunchtime, so maybe the hula hooping is a dinner thing.
Do a search for stickers and you are sure to find the sources, although it may be in the Lounge.

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
jdarg said:
And my husband only picked up one, which I immediately put on MY car. So now he doesn't have one! Hey Ky Oyster Eater, maybe you could bring back a few and we could have a sticker hand-off in J'town?
Would be my pleasure. Where do you pick one up? Is there a specific store or place to get them? I live close to the Stony Brook theatres off Raintree by the way. Wouldn't be a problem at all. Let me know. :dunno:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
KY oyster eater said:
Would be my pleasure. Where do you pick one up? Is there a specific store or place to get them? I live close to the Stony Brook theatres off Raintree by the way. Wouldn't be a problem at all. Let me know. :dunno:

Thanks- I pm'd you. Enjoy your trip!

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Landlocked said:
I just sat there in the rain and ate boiled peanuts.

Landlocked, I can just picture you sitting out there with your boiled peanuts, watching everyone cram under their umbrellas. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.