• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I just received word today that our wind and hail policy on my townhome, which is attached, and we have a comercial policy, is being raised 300% on our renewal.
I am quite ill right now:puke:

I read about all the increases and e-mailed our managing agent if he had received any word yet, since I need to prepare the budget for next year, yes, beat me over the head, I am treasurer, and he replied this morning.

Wonder how long he knew before telling me?

Sad too, because we have 2 owners that just moved in as primary residents, and we certainly can not take the risk of insuring each unit individually.

bdc63

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2006
Md for now, but dreaming of SoWal
I just received word today that our wind and hail policy on my townhome, which is attached, and we have a comercial policy, is being raised 300% on our renewal.
I am quite ill right now:puke:

YIKES ... I don't even know what to say.

Who is the insurance company? It will be interesting to see what kind of profits they report for the third quarter ... in fact, maybe that is your revenge -- buy their stock!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I wonder if everything would be alright if we all just avoided opening that which has become known as the dreaded mailbox. :scratch: No tax bill, no non-renewed insurance news, no increased rates news, no bills of any sort. What if everyone just refused to pay any bill again? :doh: Wait, how would I make money if I couldn't send out bills? Cancel that thought.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
Geez, SJ, I was sick enough, now I have to look at that tar? what is it? EEEW

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
That was a fresh Apalachicola Raw Oyster sitting on a pile of 50 empty shells. :love:

You ate all that yourself? :lol:

It doesn't renew till February, so we have time to look around.
Another Board member who handles the insurance, thinks I am over-reacting, and that if we have no hurricanes this season, the insurance companies will re-balance themselves This he says he has heard from many agents. :blink:

I think otherwise.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You ate all that yourself? :lol:

It doesn't renew till February, so we have time to look around.
Another Board member who handles the insurance, thinks I am over-reacting, and that if we have no hurricanes this season, the insurance companies will re-balance themselves This he says he has heard from many agents. :blink:

I think otherwise.
It doesn't mean anything yet, but tell that person to check out what could potentially become Hurricane Ernesto.

Last edited:

laurawood

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2006
my double wide trailer was insured at $30,000 for $120 a month. The insurance company has notified me that it will be double or triple to renew. $360 dollars a month for insurance on a double wide in defuniak. They have got to be kidding me. Well, please no one set my house on fire because it no longer can be insured unless a money tree starts growing out back!!!!!