• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
katie blue said:
Worry not. Some people find it fun to push buttons on the internet in the name of informed debate. Historically, losers sweat the small ups and downs, and the winners have a grasp on the big picture. I think a more accurate term is "adjustment."

:laughing1

IMO, anyone having read through the "Skier" posts is pretty well clued in to his conflicting logic and his relentless stirring off the bottom. I'm all for voicing opinions etc. but my eyes tend to roll anymore :roll: just at the sight of a Skier post, 'cause I'm thinking "NOT AGAIN! Hasn't it already been said over and over and over and over and over!"

Glad you posted your opinion once or twice Skier but beyond that :dunno:

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Could Pen Thrower = Skier? What do you think, Kurt?

Joe,

I've shared my opinions with the forum. I don't need to reaffirm my opinions by posting under another name. Give me a break.

Rita, don't read if you don't want to. No conflicting logic here. The market is in a slump. If you can't see the facts right in front of you that the market has come to a screeching halt, you are blind.

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
katie blue said:
Worry not. Some people find it fun to push buttons on the internet in the name of informed debate. We'll be fine. It would be a shame if he scares some people off on the area, because seems to me the facts are in our favor. At the risk of repeating myself from a previous thread, i'll make this point again:

Yes, undeniably, the RE market is "slumping" right now, but that's the natural course of financial markets. Historically, losers sweat the small ups and downs, and the winners have a grasp on the big picture. I think a more accurate term is "adjustment." Compared to the ATL RE market, for example, SoWal is still a good investment, and will continue to be as long it continues to be located on the best coastline in the US. It's not a "flippers" market anymore, but we all knew that moment would come. In fact, this adjustment is right on time based on my hunches from a few years ago.

He's right, those who bought in the last few months may experience short-term losses if they were simply looking to flip and fly. But anyone with long term interests will have a fine nest egg and see a reasonable --if not excellent-- return on their money. We've got the best beach in the US, sensible building restrictions, a burgeoning interest from overseas visitors and an international airport in works to support them, amenities, parks and natural resources out the yin-yang, all in a drive-to destination.
Lets have a beer.
beer.gif

So, are you buying now since SoWal is such a good investment compared to Atlanta? Your logic seems to be conflicting--the market is slumping yet you say its also a good investment.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
skier said:
The market is in a slump. If you can't see the facts right in front of you that the market has come to a screeching halt, you are blind.

:lolabove: This is my point. You have already shared this opinion numerous times. Nothing new being said.

You are right, I have started skimming your posts, instead of reading them.

Please keep posting, but how about not beating the dead horse anymore :blink: Pleeeeease?

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Rita said:
:lolabove: This is my point. You have already shared this opinion numerous times. Nothing new being said.

You are right, I have started skimming your posts, instead of reading them.

Please keep posting, but how about not beating the dead horse anymore :blink: Pleeeeease?

Hey Skier - how about getting on one of the other threads and have a good laugh, share a good joke or two :laughing1 or maybe some info that is valuable and not just gloom and doom. Or is it that you're just starving for attention? :dunno:

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
skier said:
Your logic seems to be conflicting--the market is slumping yet you say its also a good investment.

No conflict at all, sir. Read again, you'll see my point is that the boom market is over, at least for now. SoWal property has shifted back into the category of good old-fashioned Solid Investment, the kind that takes years to bear fruit. The kind your Dad would have approved. And it's certain to remain that way by virtue of its location and amenities. Plus it has not even hit the price point of other upscale coastal communites. It may never get quite to that price point, but we can be sure that in the long run --tracked over years, not months, mind you-- SoWal will hold its value and then some. This is my opinion.

I've said all i really have to say on this, you're on your own from here, Skier.
;-)

Philip_Atlanta

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2005
www.rosemaryrental.com
katie blue said:
No conflict at all, sir. Read again, you'll see my point is that the boom market is over, at least for now. SoWal property has shifted back into the category of good old-fashioned Solid Investment, the kind that takes years to bear fruit. The kind your Dad would have approved. And it's certain to remain that way by virtue of its location and amenities. Plus it has not even hit the price point of other upscale coastal communites. It may never get quite to that price point, but we can be sure that in the long run --tracked over years, not months, mind you-- SoWal will hold its value and then some. This is my opinion.

I've said all i really have to say on this, you're on your own from here, Skier.
;-)

Well said... :clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
skier said:
Joe,

I've shared my opinions with the forum. I don't need to reaffirm my opinions by posting under another name. Give me a break.

Rita, don't read if you don't want to. No conflicting logic here. The market is in a slump. If you can't see the facts right in front of you that the market has come to a screeching halt, you are blind.

Skier, relax! I discovered the real name behind Pen Thrower. Indeed it is not you.

By the way, Skier, just because there are some good buys out there, does not mean that we all have extra, large amounts of cash sitting in the bank waiting to purchase. I keep a my own "top 5 best buys list" all the time just in case I have some extra cash to throw at one.