• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Has anyone tried the coffee at Tom Thumb? It is cheap:shock: and really good. :rotfl:
Sounds like it may be worth a try.

I've always felt the Tom Thumbs in the area were an eyesore, and [IMO] not very clean so I will only go in one of them as a last resort.

Although Starbuck's is a chain, I do enjoy their coffee.

Last edited:

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Sueshore - The Starbucks sign in Watercolor is now installed. It doesn't look too bad. If I remember right, it had "Startbucks" in black or brown block letters, in the area over one of the arches. This was not a sign that lights up, although there might be a light that shines on it at night. There is also one of those round Starbuck logos hanging down from inside the arch. I'm not sure if that lights up.

beach lover

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
I understand the Starbucks opening in Watercolor is a corporate store , which has lower prices than a franchise store. I think is is rotten to do that to someone who buys into a franchise. I thought a store would have a little protection of a certain number of miles between locations. Oh well, I guess that is the business world.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Sueshore - The Starbucks sign in Watercolor is now installed. It doesn't look too bad. If I remember right, it had "Startbucks" in black or brown block letters, in the area over one of the arches. This was not a sign that lights up, although there might be a light that shines on it at night. There is also one of those round Starbuck logos hanging down from inside the arch. I'm not sure if that lights up.

Thanks for the update. I guess this means I don't need to pack my gun.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I understand the Starbucks opening in Watercolor is a corporate store , which has lower prices than a franchise store. I think is is rotten to do that to someone who buys into a franchise. I thought a store would have a little protection of a certain number of miles between locations. Oh well, I guess that is the business world.

Though by Starbucks standards, they're putting a lot of distance between SoWal stores. Anyone else remember the line from Best in Show where the yuppies were talking about how they met, and it was something like "I was standing at Starbucks getting my half skim extra hot latte, and there she was at the Starbucks across the street getting her half skim extra hot latte. Our eyes met from each side of Michigan Avenue and...."

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just noticed the sign at WaterColor Starbucks. The round logo sign is fairly small, maybe 2' in diameter at the most. The 10' wide "Starbuck's Coffee" sign above it is maybe one ft tall at most, but no other store in WaterColor has two signs and most are only as large as the Starbuck's logo sign. The sign is brown in color and not obnoxious at all. In fact, if I weren't looking for it, I wouldn't have noticed it.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Whatever happened to brewing your own coffee? :dunno: I prefer my homebrew (Community) to that dreary (and expensive) Seattle coffee.

When I figure out an easy way to hook up the coffee maker in my car I will let you know....it is a dream of mine.